Tag contacts to pictures

bsbharath1987

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I've been a lurker for quite a long time, and now have dived into the ecosystem and purchased a Lumia 720. Since I'm new to the OS, I have this question - can we tag a contact to a photo in the photos/gallery app? I'm not taking about Facebook tagging but tagging pictures to the contacts on my phone.

Thanks

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You mean if you can make a picture a contact picture? Sorry if I tangled that up, but you can, open the contact, tap the circle with a pencil and tap on the existing photo to replace it or on the tile that says "add photo". Then choose the photo of your choice from the gallery :)

bsbharath1987

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No, that's not what I meant. I'm sorry if my question came across as confusing. What I meant was whether there is a way to tag people in a photo, so that, the gallery can be viewed by people like, say, a person xxx is in so many pictures. Another example would be to go to the People hub and select a contact, then swiping to the Photos section to see the pictures that they are tagged (present) in. Currently, only Facebook pictures get pulled in for the contact. I wonder if there is a way to have the locally stored pictures pulled in for that contact as well. Thanks for the reply though.

Prudhvi Bachineni

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I am also looking for such a feature, but as far as I know, we do not have this feature in WindowsPhone8. Need to wait and see if they can release any update to make this possible. But Microsoft is very slow in releasing the updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss