local results gone from bing search

Michael DiLeo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Local results aren't showing up under the web pivot and the local pivot is gone. Is anyone else having any of these issues? I'm finding hat my phone is severely neutered without them.

Michael DiLeo1

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
That's the thing, though. In the screenshots they show the map and local results under the web pivot, but I don't get that. I only get the search results. They are always like this, regardless of whether I search for restaurants, cities, etc.
wp_ss_20130806_0001.png

derekpthomas

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Exact same issue for me. Anyone know what's going on? Local search results are very important to me and the removal of the Local Pivot combined with not getting any local results under the Web Pivot is very unfortunate.

Bill Voltmer

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking at two Verizon HTC 8X phones with OS version 8.0.10211.204, Settings - Location turned on, and Settings - Search - Use my location turned on. One provides local results on a separate pivot page and the other provides no local results. Until a couple weeks ago, both of them provided local results.

tara h

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Bing search on Windows Phone 8 gets new look, features

I didn't realize I used this as often until I noticed yesterday that it was gone. Now I reaaallly miss it.

The local parts of results that show up in the search under the link (try searching for movie times in your area), are sometimes there, sometimes not.

I hope they can add it back somehow, maybe just a link at the top of the search results or something. I suspect one of the design issues they had is that depending what you searched for, or where you are (ie: small town vs. city) nothing would show up. I can see how that looks bad, but really I got used to it being empty if irrelevant and just swiped past it. The time spent swiping past it was worth the amount of time I saved when it worked, because it was sooo efficient - it took the place of two major apps - finding restaurants, parks, attractions, movie times, even just learning about the local character of a place.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So mine changed over in the last day or so. I get zero local results. I know some people are getting the correct results, but it is pretty darn frustrating not having access to something I have used since day one....

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
this just started happening to me today. it provides local information for "starbucks" but not for "burger" or "burger king" and definitely not for "computer" which is where I was going at lunchtime to a PLACE I FOUND VIA BING ON THE WEB.

okokok, after reading the blog post I see them now under Web. Sometimes they show up on top, sometimes you have to scroll down. WHEW.

The remark in the blog about people not using this feature/not knowing about it shocks me. This is 60% of what I use Bing for on my phone.

harriseuc

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Any fixes for this issue? Nokia Lumia 920 and my Bing changed two days ago. No Local search results and I can no longer swipe the Bing search screen for local events, discounts, and news, this is not good!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss