sd card confusion

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
i read a bit here Windows Phone 7 Secure Digital Card Limitations
that windows7 phone will 'integrate' an sd card as part of the file system if it finds the sd card present right after a hard reset on first boot up.

it says that an 'integrated' sd card will increase storage for apps etc from the 8gb on my phone to the 8+32gb on the card , which sounds good.
however i read if you pull out an integrated sd card the wp7 phone will be virtually bricked, it will only be useful for emergency calls.

i have wp8, i added my sd card after i setup my phone though, and the nokia storage checker sees the 8gb storage seperately from the 32gb, which i can use for photos, video & music only apparently.
what would happen if i pulled out my sdcard? would the phone work? can i read the photos on the card on a pc?
if i wished to 'integrate' the sdcard to the phones storage, do i need to hard reset it again? if the sdcard failed, would you be given an option to hard reset the phone or would it brick? thanks

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The link you posted about Windows Phone 7 does not apply to 8. You can pop in a card and remove it whenever you want. You can not install apps to the SD card in WP8. You can only save photos/videos/music to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077