Reset atuck

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I reset my Lumia 920 and it is stuck on the little gear thing. I was wondering how long it usually takes. Right now I'm hitting 2 hours. Is there anything that I can do???

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I've heard that it can take up to like 8 hours. So I would just be patient and make sure it doesn't die. I just reset my brothers phone and it took sub 5 minutes so I'm not sure.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It has been reported that the less free space, the longer it takes.

As mentioned earlier, it can take hours. Best bet is to leave it overnight.

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. This is very helpful. I will keep it running overnight and if it is nit finished then I will take it into geek squad.

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Just to let y'all know it didn't work. I left it plugged in overnight and when I woke up the gears were still moving. Had it plug in and everything. Going into best buy today to see what they can do, (I bought the phone there) but this is very weird. Haven't had one problem with my Nokia Lumia.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just to let y'all know it didn't work. I left it plugged in overnight and when I woke up the gears were still moving. Had it plug in and everything. Going into best buy today to see what they can do, (I bought the phone there) but this is very weird. Haven't had one problem with my Nokia Lumia.

There is a post in the Nokia Lumia 920 forum about this but what I do is do a soft reset (Hold the volume down and power button until the phone vibrates) then, as the phone comes back on and the Nokia logo is on the screen press and release the volume up button, then the volume down button, then the power button, then the volume down button. Wait about 10 to 20 minutes and if the spinning gears are still there try again. I have never had to do this more than once.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb