ATT Lumia 520 flashing rom

jt1234

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
OK!! Think i got this
First I found it easiest to shut off the phone. Then plug it in and as soon as it vibrates hit start button.
I have the AT&T Lumia 520 RM-915 Unlocked with a Net10 AT&T Sim. I flashed ( 059S340 RM-915 VAR APAC AU CV ).

For setup you can use either English or English(USA) and same for location that doesn't matter either. I did uncheck Nokia improvement plan. I tried internet sharing and it instantly failed, didn't even think about connecting like it did with factory firmware. APN wasn't yet setup and it said "call AT&T" instead of "Internet sharing isn't currently available" because there is no internet connection. I setup my Wi-fi and got the Chinese bopomofo keyboard. It required a reboot. I then setup my APN using access point settings not cellular settings.

Turned Internet Sharing on off a few times and I left it on for a while it seemed to work. I was having DNS issues and low speeds. The phone was showing H instead of 4G. Skype stayed connected

notsogosu

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I unlocked my 520 and put a T-Mobile SIM card in it. It works fine, except data remains at Edge. MMS works great, both sending and receiving. I tried changing the APN but I can't get data better than E. Is it the hardware or the ROM? I don't know. Tonight I'd like to try another ROM and see what happens.

How did you unlock the phone? with a website or did AT&T unlock it for you? I'm trying to purchase this phone for my father but the Unlocked phones cost aroun $190 while the AT&T one is 90. I also don't live in USA and we have the same frequencies as AT&T.

jt1234

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the GoPhone. I would not think it would make a difference. I have had a couple issues. The battery fully died and it was stuck on a boot charge screen. I had to remove the battery and replace it to get it to boot. Then I charged it overnight and it would not wake up. It rang when i got a call but would not wake up without a reboot.

Alberto Pacheco

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello, i am trying to debrand an att lumia 820 but always get the error: The FFU file is not meant for this product.
and seemed you have no trouble with product codes, Did you change something on the files you tried to flash?
I hope you can help me :p
Thank You in advice

Eric Kershner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
If I had to guess which of the 3 phones you still use I would say it's the Nexus 4. You seem electronic savvy, thus I assume you're smart enough to not have an iPhone anymore.

Yilma Firde

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
No I haven't gotten any data speed above Edge yet with my T-Mobile SIM card. Also the Internet sharing works right after flashing, but after using it a time or two the message to contact the carrier to add sharing pops up. I tried the trick of installing another keyboard language, and then it works again for a bit, then the message comes back. Sometime soon I plan to flash back to the AT&T ROM and see if I can get 4G with my T-Mobile SIM. Maybe I need a US based ROM? I have no clue.

I also have a SIM unlocked 521 (T-Mobile) and I get 4G with AT&T on that phone. I'm officially confused! Maybe someone with more knowledge on the radios can explain it for me. Here's what I get:

AT&T Lumia 520 (SIM unlocked):

AT&T: 4G
T-Mobile: Edge

T-Mobile Lumia 521 (SIM unlocked):

T-Mobile: 4G
AT&T: 4G

I'm learning a lot about flashing ROMs, and it's lots of fun! And if I end up bricking the 520 I'm only out $90.02.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes