Nokia repair experiences

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
UK Nokia Windows Phone owner here. Has anyone found that Nokia repair are not that great? I love Nokia Windows Phones to bits but their inefficient support are really putting me off and making me think twice about buying more expensive Nokia handsets in future.

I sent back one device which used to freeze on start screen and would prevent use altogether (requiring constant reset, app loss etc). The issue still existed after the first return, and still existed after the second, so I got a refund from Carphone Warehouse even though they wanted to send it back for a third time.

I sent back the above's replacemen for reasons which included a part coming off. This came back to me with the part still coming off and my network's shop assistant ended up glueing it for me! This one's no biggie, but I don't think the response to the issue was ideal.

Most recently, my mother's phone stopped charging/turning on, so she sent it in for repair with a bit of hand-holding from me. She's received it back and it still won't turn on or charge with multiple chargers. Her battery may be faulty, but this is something Nokia repair should be able to establish or rule out. Either way, Nokia haven't fixed the phone properly or didn't properly assess whether the fault might lie with the battery.

Anyway, to get a phone fixed, it shouldn't be taking two or three attempts for them to get it right...anyone with similar issues or am I just on an unlucky streak?

/rant over

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a bit of a subjective one, this. I've only had to use Nokia repair once for the front-facing camera dust issue and it was a great experience for me. I contacted support online, they couldn't do enough to help me. I returned the phone to Nokia, 5 days later it was back with me and I've not had any problems since. I've also heard about some nightmare support even worse than your experiences. Be realistic though, I'm sure lot's of people dealing with all sorts of different companies can say they've had good and bad experiences.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
My experience was great, but then I took it in to a Nokia Care Centre for repair and discussed the issue with the chap who was to repair it directly. Fine & fixed in an hour. Personally I would fear the mail order fix process with any company as it is unlikely you will get to talk to the technician who will be doing the repair that way.

So, not 100% convenient, but it is still true that you can't beat 1on1 personal support.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My only experience was when my 920 developed a line down the screen. I called support, they sent me a new phone with a return label in the box. I swapped my phone for the new one, put the old phone in the box, attached the label and sent it back. No fuss and no time without a phone.

jimkraz

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a Mozart 7, my contract was near its end when it kept dropping signal, o2 sent it off for repair, ?140 for new motherboard , no way for six weeks left in my contract, sent it back, I gave it to my son, he bought new battery cover on eBay ?1.80, phone still working great, it just goes to show these repair places can be a rip. Jim

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I'd be more charitable and call that incompetence. Just reaching for the 'replace all the innards, that solves 90%' option. Poor, but not underhand. The lesson is the same though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss