Can't see my Messenger contacts in Skype anymore

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
After updating Skype to v 2.9.0.129, I tried to login with my Microsoft account and found out that I can't see my Messenger contacts, so I can't start a conversation with any of them. I can however receive messages from them and reply without any problems. Also, my Skype contacts don't show up in the People hub (Yes, I tried using the filter option, but the Skype option is no longer there).

If I login with my Skype account everything works as expected (No Messenger contacts, of course) and my Skype contacts do show up in the People hub.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I had logged in before with my MS account in previous versions of Skype and my Messenger contacts were always there. Is this expected behavior? Can you see your Messenger contacts?

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
It is an issue on all platforms, one day I can see my windows live contacts and next day don't.

Log off Skype in the phone, go to contacts.live.com on PC and open the "manage" option, select restore deleted contacts.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
It is an issue on all platforms, one day I can see my windows live contacts and next day don't.

Log off Skype in the phone, go to contacts.live.com on PC and open the "manage" option, select restore deleted contacts.

Hmm, that didn't work. It says "You have 0 deleted contacts that you can restore. Contacts deleted more than 30 days ago cannot be restored.".
I can still see my Messenger contacts in the Skype App for Windows 8, and in Outlook.com, just not on the Skype WP8 App. This is driving me nuts.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that didn't work. It says "You have 0 deleted contacts that you can restore. Contacts deleted more than 30 days ago cannot be restored.".
I can still see my Messenger contacts in the Skype App for Windows 8, and in Outlook.com, just not on the Skype WP8 App. This is driving me nuts.

Then, you need to contact to Skype. My last issue (no windows live contacts) was fixed using contacts.live.com.

bbraune

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Try this:

Within the Skype app, in the people pivot, directly under the word "people" there should be a small blue arrow next to the word "Skype". Tap that, then select "all." That should bring up all of your contacts from you People Hub.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Try this:

Within the Skype app, in the people pivot, directly under the word "people" there should be a small blue arrow next to the word "Skype". Tap that, then select "all." That should bring up all of your contacts from you People Hub.

Thanks, that was the first thing I tried. Unfortunately, I had to hard reset my phone and wouldn't you believe that I still can't see my Messenger contacts. I already contacted Skype in the Community forums. Not sure if it's a bug with the app or there's something wrong with my Microsoft account. Still, I'd be interested to hear if anybody else is having this same issue.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, it just started working out of the blue and I can now see my Messenger contacts. Maybe it only took a while for the contacts to sync, who knows...

lucaspestana

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. May I resurrect this thread?
Year's 2015, but I'm having problems with the Skype app.
I found another user who had the same problem, recently, and am cross-posting this from the Skype Community forum.

Yeah, I have been experiencing the same problem.
I don't use Skype often, however, this has been happening to me since I had my phone resetted recently, and also uninstalled then re-installed the Skype for Windows Phone app.
FYI: All of my accounts are linked (Skype, old MSN, Microsoft Account, Facebook, etc.).

This is what happens when I try to login using?
? 1. my Skype username, **************: Nothing. At all. It will just say "Signing in", and a login animation going on and on, forever.
? 2. my old Hotmail email address, **************AThotmailDOTcom (which I used to use for MSN / Windows Live Messenger): my old MSN contacts show up, but none of my Skype contacts.
? 3. my newer Outlook / Windows Live email address, ************ATliveDOTcom (which is now my main Microsoft Account email, and the one I use on my Windows Phone): Signing in works, but the contacts list is completely empty; also, my Skype profile picture doesn't show up -- even though my Skype username ************** (from option 1) appears on my Skype profile!
? 4. my Facebook account: This option is not available on the Skype for WP app.
Logging in from the Skype desktop app (Windows 8) works perfectly, using ANY of the methods above.

Can anyone from the Skype team please help us out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786