- 08-07-2013, 02:42 PM #1
After updating Skype to v 220.127.116.11, I tried to login with my Microsoft account and found out that I can't see my Messenger contacts, so I can't start a conversation with any of them. I can however receive messages from them and reply without any problems. Also, my Skype contacts don't show up in the People hub (Yes, I tried using the filter option, but the Skype option is no longer there).
If I login with my Skype account everything works as expected (No Messenger contacts, of course) and my Skype contacts do show up in the People hub.
Anyone else experiencing this issue? I had logged in before with my MS account in previous versions of Skype and my Messenger contacts were always there. Is this expected behavior? Can you see your Messenger contacts?
- 08-07-2013, 04:45 PM #3
I can still see my Messenger contacts in the Skype App for Windows 8, and in Outlook.com, just not on the Skype WP8 App. This is driving me nuts.
- 08-07-2013, 06:24 PM #6
09-11-2015, 06:14 PM #8
- 7 Posts
Hi guys. May I resurrect this thread?
Year's 2015, but I'm having problems with the Skype app.
I found another user who had the same problem, recently, and am cross-posting this from the Skype Community forum.
Yeah, I have been experiencing the same problem.
I don't use Skype often, however, this has been happening to me since I had my phone resetted recently, and also uninstalled then re-installed the Skype for Windows Phone app.
FYI: All of my accounts are linked (Skype, old MSN, Microsoft Account, Facebook, etc.).
This is what happens when I try to login using
1. my Skype username, **************: Nothing. At all. It will just say "Signing in", and a login animation going on and on, forever.
2. my old Hotmail email address, **************AThotmailDOTcom (which I used to use for MSN / Windows Live Messenger): my old MSN contacts show up, but none of my Skype contacts.
3. my newer Outlook / Windows Live email address, ************ATliveDOTcom (which is now my main Microsoft Account email, and the one I use on my Windows Phone): Signing in works, but the contacts list is completely empty; also, my Skype profile picture doesn't show up -- even though my Skype username ************** (from option 1) appears on my Skype profile!
4. my Facebook account: This option is not available on the Skype for WP app.
Logging in from the Skype desktop app (Windows 8) works perfectly, using ANY of the methods above.
Can anyone from the Skype team please help us out?
- By yeto in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 9Last Post: 08-08-2013, 11:33 AM
- By wpoblation in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 12Last Post: 08-07-2013, 06:27 PM
- By Rob van Uden in forum Windows RTReplies: 2Last Post: 08-07-2013, 02:44 PM
- By lexmarq in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2013, 12:46 PM
- By NokiaLover in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 18Last Post: 08-07-2013, 12:37 PM