Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

I like WP8 much, the idea of just having that fast glance of info that one can have on a tile, WP Developers have done a fantastic job of that. Yet Microsoft hasn't the stock IM..EMAIL..SETTINGS tiles are out right boring and ugly. you would think they would at lest give us the option of changing them..ok just a tile rant...
    Thanked by:
    HaibaneReki likes this.

Yes, they are. I hate that they follow the accent color. Why do I have to have lots of basic tiles with the same color? It makes them hard to distinguish at first sight, and the phone looks boring.

We should be able to pick the color, or Ms should set standard tiles that are different between each other.

Yes, I know I can change them with custom soft, but those tiles sometimes lack functions, or take a background task spot.

I wonder if there is a consumer request at Microsoft's feedback site about this. I'm tired of creating them :p
    Thanked by:
    xandros9 and HaibaneReki like this.

Glad I'm not alone I've tried a few custom tile changers but say the IM tile still has that dam square in the middle of the or a smile face.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    Agreed
    ~Sal

I do like Same tile color :)
    suexilin likes this.
    I wish more developers would make their tile backgrounds transparent (transparent tile shows the accent color). Too many force their color choices on me.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
    Thanked by:

Wtf? Are you guys serious?

MS's tiles are the best looking. Most app tiles should follow the theme color. That's the point.
    Thanked by:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post

MS's tiles are the best looking. Most app tiles should follow the theme color. That's the point.
    ^ this

Global Posts
    1,716 Global Posts
    Most app tiles should follow the theme color. That's the point.
    Agreed. Many apps have wonderful looking tiles, but in very different colors. Every tile should pay at least some lip service to the theme color, so that the theme color affects every tile.
    Thanked by:
    nizzon 
    nizzon likes this.

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    I need different choices for the mail icon. Look at my start screen
    screen.gif

I have three mail accounts there. It would be nice to have a way to tell the icons apart. A lable under each one would be nice if I couldn't change the icon. Not the end of the world, but it would be nice.

Global Posts
    1,716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    I need different choices for the mail icon. Look at my start screen
    Gah, don't want to link the inboxes?

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Gah, don't want to link the inboxes?
    No, never saw an advantage to that. It is just one large list of emails that I can't tell what account they are from. Maybe if they could be color coded like the calendars are.. Then I think I would link them.
    ---------------------
    Gamertag: Barnstormer
    Get ready for Titanfall!
    svenhassel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    No, never saw an advantage to that. It is just one large list of emails that I can't tell what account they are from. Maybe if they could be color coded like the calendars are.. Then I think I would link them.
    what. Linking accounts is the best thing ever. Unless you get 200 emails a day. I understand though..buy usually the content of the mail lets you know what's up already.

Agreed. If Windows strayed from their minimalist tile layout, then it would hurt their image, and they would be viewed as android is...a highly customizable interface that people with a poor sense of design will take advantage of...and that's bad for marketing.

User interface design is an art, and should be left to professionals. Even if someone doesn't agree with the design, at least there's consistency throughout, and that's what gives Windows its creative image.
    spaulagain likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by uopjo6 View Post
    what. Linking accounts is the best thing ever. Unless you get 200 emails a day. I understand though..buy usually the content of the mail lets you know what's up already.
    Maybe a person has separate work and personal accounts. He might not want to link the inboxes in that situation.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jabtano View Post
    I like WP8 much, the idea of just having that fast glance of info that one can have on a tile, WP Developers have done a fantastic job of that. Yet Microsoft hasn't the stock IM..EMAIL..SETTINGS tiles are out right boring and ugly. you would think they would at lest give us the option of changing them..ok just a tile rant...
    They are like that to give consistency to Microsoft's offerings. Also, too many random photos and colors makes your start screen look messy. Too much plain accent looks boring. You need a good mix.
    svenhassel likes this.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I have no problem with the tiles..... (customizable would be an added advantage)

by the by, i would wish that the toast notifications are semi transparent (for instance, when it came when playing games like AE 3D Moto, the important part of the screen is blocked for quite sometime and so for other apps which makes use of full screen)... just saying

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diktea View Post
    I have no problem with the tiles..... (customizable would be an added advantage)

by the by, i would wish that the toast notifications are semi transparent (for instance, when it came when playing games like AE 3D Moto, the important part of the screen is blocked for quite sometime and so for other apps which makes use of full screen)... just saying
    You can get rid of the toast notifications quickly by swiping right on them.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    You can get rid of the toast notifications quickly by swiping right on them.
    true... but why extra swiping, when you dont have to. just saying coz... it kinda disturbs me especially when i play games or even while watching video (if it were to be transparent like video menu you acknowledge it but did not disturb u)

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    true... but why extra swiping, when you dont have to. just saying coz... it kinda disturbs me especially when i play games or even while watching video (if it were to be transparent like video menu you acknowledge it but did not disturb u)
    That comes down to preference. i don't really think it is any worse than the other OSes (I own/owned them all recently).

I don't find swiping to be annoying at all...then again I may not be as popular as you!
    Thanked by:
    diktea 

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uopjo6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    Maybe a person has separate work and personal accounts. He might not want to link the inboxes in that situation.
    I don't know what it is exactly. Maybe I just need to try it for an extended period of time. I have three accounts. Work, personal, and "elected official" (I'm on the city council for a small city.) I don't think I mind if they are in the same list, but part of me wants them to at least be color coded.. I dunno.. pretty silly maybe.

The other part is the lock screen. I have all three accounts set to show up on the lock screen. That way I can glance and see if I have an email in one of the three accounts. If I'm on work, I might not care if there is new email in my personal account. If I link them, then I can only add the linked inbox to my start screen so all I will know is I have an email in one of those three accounts. I would have to go into the inbox to see if it is important or not.

Honestly, it's not like that is a ton of time... just slightly more inconvenient..

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    That comes down to preference. i don't really think it is any worse than the other OSes (I own/owned them all recently)
    i dont mean to say its worse than other OSes, WP8 is nice... but wishing for the better than other OSes

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    i dont mean to say its worse than other OSes, WP8 is nice... but wishing for the better than other OSes
    Until update comes bb10 has no toast notifications at all...see, WP is better!

Global Posts
    2,806 Global Posts
    I love the live tiles. Of course anything can be improved but I think they are far from ugly

Sent from something UhMEHZing using Tapatalk
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

nizzon likes this.

liked the rant, but I actually think that conformity for at least the system apps is good regarding color, but there should be a choice of the icon. I luckily have one hotmail and one outlook inbox, their icons are different ;)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast