My Commute: Who is using it? What do you think of it?

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My address and location of employment has been in flux as of late, so I have not really had the chance to take advantage of My Commute. However, both of those things are about to stabilize, so I will finally be taking a pretty consistent route to work every day and I am excited to finally try out this feature.

To those who have been using it: What do you think of it? Does it generally work as advertised? Any tips for getting better results with it?

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to start using it a bit more as I don't think I really gave it much of a chance. Have I understood it correctly, that to get the best out of it you should have MyCommute running each time I do the commute to and from home?

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little confused on using it, how do I use it with Drive+ is it just two different apps I have open and if it suggests a new route does it show up in Drive+ or do I have to have the my commute map showing.

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been using it for a bit and so far it hasn't really done anything for me, however the route I take to work has been problem free lately. I recently (this morning) ran into some traffic, but it wasn't very heavy and I had to slow down a bit but nothing bad. Going to keep using it as I know there are alternate routes and some days traffic can be very bad.

Edit: Ok, just read the conversations article a few more times and apparently it doesn't actually suggest new routes. It basically tracks any routes that you take (it learns them when you drive them more than once) and when traffic is detected it suggests one of your alternate routes. It does NOT suggest a new/different route from one that you would normally use. I guess it's still useful as it does start to monitor traffic an hour before you start, which is handy, but otherwise I think most will be a bit surprised/disappointed about what this offers.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills