Generic VOIP sip client finally on WP

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Zoiper the last couple of days with my VoIP provider. The good thing about it is its echo cancelation. Callers on the other end don't notice any weird noises or echoes.

The bad thing about Zoiper is that it's buggy. DNS errors, 404 errors, calls going out get stuck in limbo and you can't hangup when it's stuck. It's a mess.

Microsoft doesn't get let of the hook for crippling the OS when it comes to VoIP either. I mean, push notifications for incoming calls? Really? Why not just make a regular VoIP integrated function? This has been done a million times over before WP8 came along.

So I found out why Zoiper had these failures. I have the majority of contacts in my phonebook are in the (xxx) xxx-xxxx format. Those outgoing calls fail each time.

For phone numbers formatted in xxx-xxx-xxxx format, it works everytime.

I'm going to have to modify my entire phonebook to get it to work. In the meantime, the app had a built in feedback feature that worked for creating a ticket, and it has been reported.

gautam gohil

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Dear all

I have a Lumia 625, had downloaded Linphone client, configured it but using it when I make a call, it registers, but my voice cannot be heard by called party while I can hear the called party well.

Any suggestions?

Dave Hutchison

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Yikes I never dreamed it would be so complicated. Wonder if more results of others on WinP 8.1?

I love CallCentric as VOIP for both business and personal lines. I have high-def crystal clear audio from IP phone with 3 remotes that are crystal clear and on an Android connection on cox cable business wifi. I have for years used a Tracphone at $99/yr and have about 3000 minutes that keep carrying over I never use.

However when I am traveling I hate the phone or have to use it from car to check home office voice messages, or if when we lose power in a Monsoon storm. So it will switch to cell phone 4G network (probably AT&T not decided yet) if I lose or am not in reach of my router for wifi.

I had hoped to carry a Lumina 1520 (unlocked) to replace my remotes and of course for the car and traveling.

On my Asus tablet there is no noticeable battery drain - I could care less about a tiny bit of battery drain.. The 1520 has a huge battery capacity! I simply want a very high quality phone app to connect to my current CallCentric provider with 3 channels on each line (if I am on the line, 2 others at the same time can be routed to voice mail) and the same numbers I have had for 4 decades - not a new number no one will know. I never have dropped calls on my tablet, again with Android, and the socket is open 24/7 if I choose. I simply have it listed as an additional extension on CallCentric.

Is there hope for me on a WP ??? Was amazed since it works so well with Android, but is such a big issue with WP!

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
No hope at all for Windows Phone. For starters, the VOIP architecture on the platform is hopelessly flawed. Let's say for instance there was a provider that supported notifications. It's still a huge battery drainer!

I have not had any issues with battery life on Android, Symbian, or Blackberry. Other than battery concerns, it's still a broken architecture.

Beta testing for Zoiper on WP was no help either. The whole thing is a cluster. I've given up on voip for Windows Phone.

Goatcheese82

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
This is more likely an issue with your network. Most commonly if you're having trouble with the tx stream you are blocking rtp ports. Are you having this problem on a wifi connection or your mobile data?

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
This is more likely an issue with your network. Most commonly if you're having trouble with the tx stream you are blocking rtp ports. Are you having this problem on a wifi connection or your mobile data?
That isn't the issue. Voip works fine on my home telephone and Android clients. It also worked flawlessly on Symbian when I used that.

theophil1901

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey,
I found an interesting tutorial on Codeproject that aroused my attention. Can anyone use Ozeki voip sip software development kit (voip-sip-sdk.com) for programming SIP clients to WP8?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas