Suprise!! Nothings changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
For all the talk even before WP launch and ever since of promise after promise that the platform will see quicker and more frequent updates.

FACT IS, IT'S NEVER HAPPENED.

And here we wait almost 3 years after launch and it's still the same.

I'll make this prediction now:

IF Microsoft doesn't start increasing funding to ramp up development of WP (just like Android had to do to get adoption rates up) eventually more and more OEM's and customers will just flat out leave the platform.

And I wouldn't blame them one bit.

/rant

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
3 years after launch? WP8 launched in November 2012, roughly 9 months ago.

Are you referring to WP7? If so, the launch of WP8 was a pretty substantial step up from 7.

Either way, I have no idea what you are ranting about.

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Just stop. Don't play dumb. Hey you bow at their altar every morning. Good for you.
Their are plenty of us fair minded users out here that are not happy. So stop pretending already.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Because Microsoft is just sitting on their butts and doing NOTHING about the platform.
Maybe you should go sit and the top and point the company in the right direction.

It's very easy to play Keyboard CEO.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you are talking about WP8 has seen quite a few updates this year

WP7 will most likely not see anymore updates unless they are security fixes(and well WP is really secure)

WM is dead

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I thought Microsoft said when they announced wp8 that updates will no longer be restricted by carriers and such. Yet I feel like we are still subject to the same restrictions. We see phones on certain operators get updates first. When will all wp8 devices get the update at the same time.

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Exactly. it's no secret that the WP division isn't given the resources to ramp up their development cycle. To hear some of the ******'s on here they'd be happy with a small update every year or 2. It's mobile people they need to improve the platform chop chop. MS needs to get with it or get out of mobile (that's prolly what's gonna end up happening anyway).

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. it's no secret that the WP division isn't given the resources to ramp up their development cycle. To hear some of the ******'s on here they'd be happy with a small update every year or 2. It's mobile people they need to improve the platform chop chop. MS needs to get with it or get out of mobile (that's prolly what's gonna end up happening anyway).

If you are looking for constructive conversation, calling anyone who disagrees with you a '******' doesn't help.

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Anyone after 3 years still singing MS WP's praises and putting anyone down that wants improvement is just exactly that.

zacman

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Again. Wp8 was released october/november. It is a new os built on a new kernel

and WP9 will be a new OS again, then we can count from zero again!

Problem is: Don't worry WP 7.5, will be the breakthrough. Don't worry WP8 will be the breakthrough. Oh don't worry, just wait for 8.1, you know it'll be the breakthrough. Really!

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone after 3 years still singing MS WP's praises and putting anyone down that wants improvement is just exactly that.

I wasn't putting you down. I was pointing out that, contrary to your post, WP8 has not been out for 3 years. I also pointed out that WP7 to WP8 represented a substantial OS upgrade.

More frequent updates just for the sake of saying "hey, version x.x is now released" does nothing to make the OS look more attractive.

How about instead of ripping MS and anyone who disagrees with you, you provide some substance. What specifically is missing from you point of view? Is there a particular set of features that you see missing? Is there a particular bug that hasn't been fixed? Quit posting in glittering generalities and try having an actual discussion.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
and WP9 will be a new OS again, then we can count from zero again!

Problem is: Don't worry WP 7.5, will be the breakthrough. Don't worry WP8 will be the breakthrough. Oh don't worry, just wait for 8.1, you know it'll be the breakthrough. Really!

Do you understand what "built on a new kernel" means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes