WP is that pretty blonde with no brains and no future. Loosing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcivor88

Banned
Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Dramatic title ;)

I've been strongly behind wp for almost two years. First with a lumia 800, loved it at the time and wanted to support my phone company of choice, Nokia.

To be told a few months in that i would have to change my phone to get wp 8 was a bit of a blow but i stood by it thinking that they are doing this to vastly improve how this phone works, sorry but im really not seeing it. Changed to a l620 btw, in aware its a low end device.

I bought my first tablet and the 1st android device in almost two years and my god android has grown up. Works so well on my nexus 7.

WP good points
NOKIA MAPS
Nice interface
Emails work
Language translation in twitter app
Pinning parts of apps
Nokia supporting the os

Bad points

Live tiles??? No. There is only a few real live tiles on this platform, the people hub and xbox hub. Everything else is rubbish. Widgets do more

Notifications are an absolute joke. Twitter isn't bad but most others are rubbish. Fb is scary bad

Extremely Poor fb app, Jesus its just atrocious.

No youtube app, (i know the story here, google are bad. All big companies are money grabbing scum, get over it fanboys. Fact of the matter is there is no official app. Trying to get someone else onto wp and then telling them there is no youtube app and to download metrotube or mytube is pathetic)

No official instagram.
No official vine,
No snapchat, when it does come out no one will care
I'm well aware of third party apps, but come on. Lack of proper apps are killing this os

Poor web browser. Some sites don't even recognize as a mobile browser and loads the desktop site. Forward button? I forget it even has tabs.

Constantly have to sign in to social networks and accounts, like when you are connecting or login in to another app via fb, twitter, Microsoft or whatever.
(android saves your details and that's that)

Major lack of banking apps

Fad apps come too late or not at all

Rapid resume, nope, terrible. Very few apps that can handle reopening properly and quickly.

From what I've experienced, awful battery

Looking at fb chat heads, can that even be done on wp os?

The os is gorgeous but the functionality is lacking imo.

WP is that pretty blonde with no brains or future

My question is, can this os improve, is it at all future proof? can whatever language it is do whatever its competition can do and better?

Sorry for being another depressing b****** on this forum but i need someone to pick me up here. Faith is almost gone after seeing how far other platforms have come since i started using wp.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
WP is a brainy kid that has loads of potential, but still needs a little more life experience under his belt.

So much to be excited about. But that limitless potential is what also causes the frustration.

You dream about what will be and stop appreciating what you have right now.

mcivor88

Banned
Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not trolling. I want you to tell me why we should we support a os that's been chasing it's tail.

For me Microsoft has lost it. Windows 8 is the most pointless load of ****e I've ever come across, Xbox, altho might be good, they couldn't of launched it worse and as for wp8, they are dragging their feet.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
WP is a brainy kid that has loads of potential, but still needs a little more life experience under his belt.

I agree with this. I would add to it that WP is a brainy kid that hasn't yet been educated, in other words a potentially brainy kid.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I love WP to death too. Got my entire family on lumias. Even bought 500 shares of Nokia stock. I also started learning to code apps to add some core apps that I wanted into the store. But what really hits me is the lack of consistency I would like from Microsoft. For example we can easily anticipate the release of the next iOS. Yet I have no idea when my 920 is getting GDR2, could be days or weeks, maybe even another month. I might be wrong but all I want is a little more transparency between Microsoft and its consumers. They should almost make threads like this irrelevant, granted I know they can't satisfy everyone.

mcivor88

Banned
Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I love WP to death too. Got my entire family on lumias. Even bought 500 shares of Nokia stock. I also started learning to code apps to add some core apps that I wanted into the store. But what really hits me is the lack of consistency I would like from Microsoft. For example we can easily anticipate the release of the next iOS. Yet I have no idea when my 920 is getting GDR2, could be days or weeks, maybe even another month. I might be wrong but all I want is a little more transparency between Microsoft and its consumers. They should almost make threads like this irrelevant, granted I know they can't satisfy everyone.

Thank you for a proper reply. I knew I'd get the above fanboys one liners

That is another issue, its also an update that many of us don't really care about, iOS users genuinely seem to get excited about the next updates to their devices.

People, don't get me wrong, at one stage i was mad about wp and I tried to get people going for it. As a phone its great, sexy user interface, emails, messaging but its third for good reason.

Its Microsoft I'm more annoyed with. The big bald man needs to go.

jeffydude05

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting to see what WP 8.1 comes with, hopefully it is early spring. Whenever they get a notification center, I'll be back. I just hope all "premium" devices don't go 5+ inch screen size by then :/.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Stop this kind of thread, there is a thread about it and I don't care people "loosing" faith.

Just choose another phone and let us live with what we like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon