- 08-16-2013, 08:47 AM #1
As you may have caught on from the title, I'm looking to purchase the lumia 920 NOT the 928. I was planning on getting the Unlocked model (not AT&T) and Nokia told me that Verizon can activate the device by reconfiguring it to their standards via OTA. I also called Verizon about three times about the unlocked lumia 920 and they looked into it, saw that it was a AT&T exclusive (only for the first six months of its release) and said as long as there is no carrier branding and is LTE capable, they could activate it. I'm still a bit skeptical of this still even though Nokia and Verizon said this could be done. Has anyone used an Unlocked, non Verizon branded device on Verizon? I'm about to purchase so I would like some opinions. Thanks!
- 08-16-2013, 08:59 AM #4
No idea. Seems doubtful though, I wish VZ got the 920, love that look. You can use the 928 on att though just with no LTE. VZ bands are pretty specific to the US and a few other countries, I doubt a 920 branded or not kept that in mind.
- 08-16-2013, 10:15 AM #5
So... taken from Nokia Lumia 920 - Specifications - Nokia - USA -
- LTE network bands3: 4, 17
- LTE max data speed DL: 100 Mbps
- LTE max data speed UL: 50 Mbps
- WCDMA network: 900 MHz, 1700 - 2100 MHz, 2100 MHz, 1900 MHz, 850 MHz
- WCDMA max data speed DL: HSDPA - 42.2 Mbps
- WCDMA max data speed UL: HSUPA - 5.76 Mbps
- GSM network: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz
- GSM max data speed DL: EGPRS 236.8 kbps
- GSM max data speed UL: EGPRS 236.8 kbps
Note the WCDMA network specs. Maybe that's why Verizon and Nokia think it will work? *shrug*
08-16-2013, 10:41 AM #6
- 754 Posts
If you can find a version of the 920 that supports those specs, you will currently only be able to get LTE data speeds and will not have voice capabilities. Verizons voice runs on the 3g cdma network, their SMS runs on the 2g cdma network and data runs on LTE.
Essentially, don't bother at the moment. In 2 years you can probably get away with using a world phone on their network, right now you can't. SVLTE has already been delays until next year, so it may be a while
- 08-16-2013, 10:56 AM #9
- 08-16-2013, 01:17 PM #10
Trying to use a 920 on Verizon is pointless... I looked into it deep a while ago and not a good idea, sounds like it being very painfull to get it work, if it will work at all.
- By lamblumo in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 23Last Post: 11-26-2013, 10:21 AM
- By maverick786us in forum The Photography LoungeReplies: 14Last Post: 10-31-2013, 08:03 AM
- By binoyshah in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 19Last Post: 08-25-2013, 06:52 AM
- By hsotnas in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 2Last Post: 08-16-2013, 11:29 PM
- By Amit Kumar13 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2013, 02:06 AM