Does The GDR2 Update Unlock Mobile Operator Billing In More Countries?

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Today I did something I never do - I opened the Wallet app on my Nokia Lumia 920, and I was surprised to find that listed under my payment methods was my mobile operator, "Vodacom."

Now I have never had mobile operator billing on my phone before, so this must be pretty recent. I tired purchasing the MyTube app in the store using the mobile operator billing method but the purchase did not go through (yes I do have enough airtime to purchase it.) However, I have not received the GDR2+Amber update on my Nokia Lumia 920 yet.

So I was thinking if apps like Nokia Pro Cam can be listed and installed from the store, but not work due to the fact that I do not have the GDR2+Amber update the same could be said for mobile operator billing. At least, that is my logic.

Does anyone else have this experience under their wallet app? Also have you updated your phone to GDR2 and noticed the addition of Mobile Operator billing in your country? I am in South Africa for the record! :cool:

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Today I did something I never do - I opened the Wallet app on my Nokia Lumia 920, and I was surprised to find that listed under my payment methods was my mobile operator, "Vodacom."

Now I have never had mobile operator billing on my phone before, so this must be pretty recent. I tired purchasing the MyTube app in the store using the mobile operator billing method but the purchase did not go through (yes I do have enough airtime to purchase it.) However, I have not received the GDR2+Amber update on my Nokia Lumia 920 yet.

So I was thinking if apps like Nokia Pro Cam can be listed and installed from the store, but not work due to the fact that I do not have the GDR2+Amber update the same could be said for mobile operator billing. At least, that is my logic.

Does anyone else have this experience under their wallet app? Also have you updated your phone to GDR2 and noticed the addition of Mobile Operator billing in your country? I am in South Africa for the record! :cool:

VVodacom will probably add it in this update but mtn users no go since they have not even begun a partnership with Microsoft -_-

Mroofieunblockm

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Haha ALL Lumia 920 and 820 users got the GDR2+Amber update on Vodacom today! Hopefully you will get mobile operator billing soon:smile:

do you have all these features :

Flip to silence
Glance screen
Air (Peak)
Double tap
Bluetooth 4
All apps (smart cam, pro shot,video trimmer)
Fm radio

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
do you have all these features :

Flip to silence
Glance screen
Air (Peak)
Double tap
Bluetooth 4
All apps (smart cam, pro shot,video trimmer)
Fm radio

Yes! I got all those features including Data Sense. And I called Vodacom today - turns out Mobile Operator Billing is getting supported by Vodacom, but it was delayed. That is why it shows up as a payment option but the payments never go through. Maybe in a few weeks we wont have to worry about credit cards any more to buy apps...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720