People Hub and Twitter/LinkedIn contacts

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

Does someone know how the People Hub sync the Twitter/LinkedIn contacts?

Because since I've changed my phone, impossible to have my Twitter/LinkedIn contacts in the People Hub. I have only the Outlook and Facebook contacts. I've check the Twitter/LinkedIn checkboxes, but no contact appears. What is strange is that in news feed, Twitter/LinkedIn news display, meaning the connexion is ok. And Twitter/LinkedIn contacts appear everywhere else (W8, Outlook.com, etc.)

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Could you check if your Twitter and LinkedIn accounts are synced under Settings>email+accounts?

Yes they are, and I've no error msg; the sync seems to work well for the Twitter/LinkedIn news because they display well; it's only the contacts not displaying in People Hub, even with the checkboxes checked)

Kent Compton

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue on my (new) WP8 Nokia Lumia 1020 that has all of the latest updates--neither LinkedIn nor Twitter appear in the People hub. Both LinkedIn and Twitter were automatically added to email+accounts when I signed in with my Microsoft Account (FNA Windows Live ID, Passport, ...). The odd thing is they do appear on my Windows Phone 7.8 device (Lumia 900). I'm not seeing this being discussed when searching Bing and Google. Help!

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Check your linked accounts on your outlook.com profile page online. (Not on the phone since you already confirmed that) They need to be shown there. You may even remove them and re-add to see if that helps.

Also, not sure about this, but is the new phone the active phone at windowsphone.com when you're logged in as well? I thought I've seen people having some issues if they have multiple phones listed and/or it's not the active phone.

Kent Compton

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
fwaits, Yes, all is good on outlook.com and windowsphone.com.

As it happens with "Kent's law" (I post something and an hour later find an answer <grin>) I found the following link from Microsoft: Set up a Twitter or LinkedIn account | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

The guidance restored the people I follow via Twitter but it's still failing to show my LinkedIn contacts. I submitted that feedback to Microsoft via their feedback mechanism at the bottom of the web page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb