Windows Phone 8, all my apps and even built in apps gone?

Bryan Paton

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I switched on my Ativ s this morning to find that all my apps as well as pre-installed samsung apps (and windows phone 8 operating apps) have all disappeared from the phone!

I no longer have an option to enter the settings, music, games or even marketplace. The tiles have all disappeared from the homescreen and when I swipe left to the alphabet list view there is only about 5 or 6 apps left.
I can't connect it to my pc as it doesn't register it or find it.

It is a stock UK phone and I am just a basic user so haven't messed around with roms or anything.

I tried a battery pull, sim card removal, sd removal but it is just the same???

PLEASE HELP :unhappysweat:

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you have back up enabled on your phone i would recommend a hard reset and then when your phone starts it will ask you to choose a restore point. Good luck

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Given that you can't get into settings, a hard reset is probably going to require assistance from Samsung or your carrier.

Bryan Paton

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you have back up enabled on your phone i would recommend a hard reset and then when your phone starts it will ask you to choose a restore point. Good luck
How can I do a hard reset without access to the settings option?........is there a way to do it pressing the keys?

cheers stickyshocker

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung I8750 Ativ S Hard Reset Steps:

1.- Make sure that the device battery is fully charged, Or at least it is at 90% of charging level.
2.- Turn off the device, Press the Power button for some seconds and then scroll down to turn off option.
3.- Wait for 10 seconds to make sure that the phone is off.
4.- Press Volume Down key and Power key to turn the phone on.
5.- Keep pressing the Volume Down key and release Power key.
6.- When the device boots with exclamation mark " ! " on screen release Volume Down key. - Now you should press some keys in the following order:
7. Press Volume Up key > Press Volume Down key > Press Power key > Press Volume Down key
8. - After pressing the above keys the operation will start in a moment, So just wait for it to be finished.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Good luck man, im sure its just a random failing of the os but then no one likes to have to hard reset a phone its like having to learn to ride a bike again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro