What ever happened to the Microsoft enthusiast program?

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Back when windows phone 8 was unveiled, Microsoft mentioned a enthusiast program that gave some users early access to their updates before carrier release... Its been a year since WP8 was released and I've heard nothing about this program ever being opened...

Sent from my RM-877 Tapatalk

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been asking this on twitter for months now. Another Microsoft lie about Windows Phone 8....Just like the one where Microsoft would control updates, not the carriers....

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I don't think Microsoft ever said they will control updates. Watched the presentation and that was not mentioned.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been asking this on twitter for months now. Another Microsoft lie about Windows Phone 8....Just like the one where Microsoft would control updates, not the carriers....

I keep hitting up Mr. Belfiore and windowsphone on twitter.....no response

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Good luck, he does not reply to tweets from users, unless he picks a random one with something HE can answer...

Yeah it's true, but I figure the more we bug him with a question the faster the response time would be. I can't say it's him responsible for it. But by bugging him about it he will go to the person in charge of this particular project and demand answers for us.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's true, but I figure the more we bug him with a question the faster the response time would be. I can't say it's him responsible for it. But by bugging him about it he will go to the person in charge of this particular project and demand answers for us.
that's the hope

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I can only imagine that this kind of enthusiast program requires a longer testing period for each feature and broader supporting ressources in general. And my guess is that the WP8 team is in such a hurry to catch up to the Windows 8 release circle, that they cannot afford to offer that. I'm disappointed, too, but let's not give up on this.

Cheeky Ghosty

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I think Microsoft was a bit enthusiastic about that program Har Har Har (Excuse the pun ;P) I too shall fire off a no doubt to be unanswered tweet!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3