How to have FB chat History in my phone, and some other problems with new Windows phone.

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I just got my new Nokia 925.

Some questions that I really have no clue. I really appreciate if you can help me.

1. I add a facebook account to my phone. I see my FB friends in people hub, but there is nothing in the "History" tab for that person. I realize that only if I start a facebook chat with say "David", now then I see content in "History" of David's people hub.

I thought it should fetch all the FB chat history for me and loaded to my phone's History tab?

2. Can I have Gmail email history (conversations I have had with this person David) appeared as well in the History tab of David?

3. if I link David's mobile number to David's FB account, when I start a message, how can I select if I want to start a FB chat or SMS?

4. Is there no way to search gmail from Google Server? I do not want to download the whole inbox from gmail to my phone.

Thanks

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

My answers are in bold.

Hi guys, I just got my new Nokia 925.

Some questions that I really have no clue. I really appreciate if you can help me.

1. I add a facebook account to my phone. I see my FB friends in people hub, but there is nothing in the "History" tab for that person. I realize that only if I start a facebook chat with say "David", now then I see content in "History" of David's people hub.

I thought it should fetch all the FB chat history for me and loaded to my phone's History tab?

It won't fetch any previous history. The history of chats you make when connected in the messaging hub are stored AFAIK.

2. Can I have Gmail email history (conversations I have had with this person David) appeared as well in the History tab of David?

You can click "more" (at the bottom) to see all emails sent with Google. I don't know how we can see the emails without this extra step.

3. if I link David's mobile number to David's FB account, when I start a message, how can I select if I want to start a FB chat or SMS?

When you open the contact in the messaging hub, you will find the switch icon in the app bar at the bottom. Click on it to switch between FB and SMS.

4. Is there no way to search gmail from Google Server? I do not want to download the whole inbox from gmail to my phone.

The search icon at the bottom in the app bar will give you recent emails, you can click on search more folders to get all the data required. This has worked for me personally.

Thanks

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have found that I cannot search emails on the server in Gmail unless the contacts are synced (in the google mail options).

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your reply.

For 2. no I dont see any options. I see "No recent conversations or calls with this contact" and "search Hotmail" , there is no option to search Gmail.

For 4. again, I dont see "Search more folders" I only see the search button from the app bar

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have found that I cannot search emails on the server in Gmail unless the contacts are synced (in the google mail options).

May I know where is this? I have synced Gmail contacts with my phone, those contacts appear in my phone but I just can't see al my previous conversations with this person as HISTORY in the people hub.

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My answers are in bold.

For the HISTORY, I only see "No recent conversations or calls with this contact" and "search Hotmail".

Is there a way I can search "Gmail" too?

For 4), I see the search button from the app bar, but not the Search more folders.

I am using a Nokia 925. Thanks

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
May I know where is this? I have synced Gmail contacts with my phone, those contacts appear in my phone but I just can't see al my previous conversations with this person as HISTORY in the people hub.

You have synced your contacts, which is what I meant. In any case, the settings i spoke about can be found under Gmail > Settings > Synchronization settings > content to synchronize.

Its odd that you can't see history if you have synchronized contacts.

Also, when in Gmail, once you search in the inbox, it shows the results and should show an option of searching more on Google Mail. Use that and then you can refine your search by folder etc.

sid2211

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
After 31st July, EAS (Exchange Active Sync) support for Google Mail will be removed. So, even after syncing the contacts, it will not give the option to search google mails on server. In order to search on server, select Outlook.com as the option to setup Gmail. Set domain as 'google' and server as 'm.google.com'. This will search both mails and contacts on server.

newarcticman

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
After 31st July, EAS (Exchange Active Sync) support for Google Mail will be removed. So, even after syncing the contacts, it will not give the option to search google mails on server. In order to search on server, select Outlook.com as the option to setup Gmail. Set domain as 'google' and server as 'm.google.com'. This will search both mails and contacts on server.

I dont quite understand what you mean by select Outlook.com because it detects that it's a Google Gmail account. Or can you give me a quick screenshot or a bit more detail instruction? I hope it works. Otherwise it's annoying to use IE and visit gmail.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3