Do you have random battery drain

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it's really weird. I've not noticed any pattern to it, but while most days ny 1020 get superb battery life, some times it randomly drains like crazy, even with all background tasks closed and being idled. When I notice it, I turn off the phone for 15-30min, minimum, and that seems to fix it. Sadly, often by the time I notice it, I've already lost 20-35% of battery. :(

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
@C Labelle: Thank you, thank you for a really substantive post, vs. just more hand wringing. A really good catch on the email sync'ing. Which wouldn't explain my one time sudden drain, since I don't auto-sync my personal domain POP 3 account. (The reason I do so manually is that MS in its infinite wisdom hasn't provided us with a Select All option to delete. Every stinking item has to be clicked.)

Not sure about #3. Seems like keeping it on 100% of the time would use more power than starting it up maybe 20 times a day but keeping on for maybe as little as a minute or something.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
After Amber? Now i'm not so eager to upload to it, if it ever comes..

Boris, come on. Millions of people use Amber w/o issue.

Something very few people understand is that "Proximity in time does not equal causation." In other words, your mechanic puts an alternator in your car and two days later the radio dies, it's human nature to blame the recent repair. But that's wrong.

I would suggest that Polka and others most likely did not change their settings from default to whatever they like. There's no reason for the engineers to change the battery related coding. If they were to do anything, they would try to tweak it to make it better, or take care of some bugs.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
No, Ive had an 822, an 8X, a 920 and now the 1020 and only once I had a major drain with my 920 that a simple reboot fixed.

There is a thread on these forums by CoolKnight that everyone should read about awesome battery life, hell it should be stickied.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Just happened to me on my 1020 randomly. Also happened on my 925 once as well. Had to soft reset and power cycle two times but already lost 10% in like 10 minutes.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
this is getting old, I just exchanged my phone for another one because of this very same issue, the girl had to go back twice because the phones she had were defective, quality control is horrible and these are supposed to be refurbished phones.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
this is getting old, I just exchanged my phone for another one because of this very same issue, the girl had to go back twice because the phones she had were defective, quality control is horrible and these are supposed to be refurbished phones.

remember a simple reset or power cycle of your Lumia can rectify this known bug, this is an OS bug.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The last couple of days have been bad, I've been only getting 5 to 6 hrs from very light use.

That's sad! I'm sure you've picked up on this, but sometimes a hard reset fixes this. Not just WP. I trust you've turned off GPS apps? Facebook? Unless you absolutely must have 4G, try 2G for awhile.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have done a reset and right now I have Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi (only on,when needed), location off, installed whatsapp, Facebook beta, rowi and wpcentral, waiting couple days to see what happens!!!

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting a few more days to semi-confirm that Weather Flow was the cause of my drain. Ever since that guy opened a thread and said it fixed his issue by removing WF, i unninstalled it and it didn't happen since... Knocking on the wood reall hard..

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting a few more days to semi-confirm that Weather Flow was the cause of my drain. Ever since that guy opened a thread and said it fixed his issue by removing WF, i unninstalled it and it didn't happen since... Knocking on the wood reall hard..

There ya go. I use Accuweather, it runs all the time, no battery drain. Hope this insight fixes your problem.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

So it could just be a bad app. Huh, interesting. Keep us posted.

F60Outrunn

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
before i updated my 920 to GDR2/Amber (EE UK finally got the update) yesterday i was having insane battery drainage, it drained half the battery within 3 hours, and turning EVERYTHING off - NFC, WIFI, Location, even mobile network in the end (and some other stuff i forgot) slowed it, but i the phone still died before the end of the day. end of the day, updated to GDR2/Amber, been fine - all of the above was left on, was listening to my music/fm radio for at least 3-4 hours during the day, battery was at 72% around 4-5pm when i put it on charge.

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't expect anyone else to have this one, but I was seeing drain on my 925 that was so heavy, it was losing 20% an hour WHILE ON THE WIRELESS CHARGER. Plugging in into wired, it'd charge, in about 5 hours.

Disabling apps, airplane mode, NFC off, location off, Bluetooth off, no change. Did a hard reset, and it was better until the next missed phone call.

Visual Voice Mail wasn't showing any new messages, but calling vm the old fashioned way revealed a message that came in EXACTLY when the problem started, yet never showed up in VVM.

Tried resyncing VVM, but it never completed, which I assume is the crux of this specific drain scenario, so I turned VVM off, and the phone immediately cooled and resumed a very slow discharge rate.

You'd think that airplane mode would have effectively stopped anything VVM would be doing with the radio, but it didn't, so I wonder if it isn't just some obscure CPU bound loop.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Ah **** it.. I thought i got rid of this.. Updated to Amber in thursday, last night i went to sleep with 65%, woke up with 25, and then after half an hour battery app told me a 'drain is detected' and i checked it was at 16%.. Did a soft reset. Seems this will never get fixed..

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Keeping everything above board, and having said I've only had one incident, I had another one yesterday. Battery Sense (app) told me of a high drain. I did nothing, I was busy. It stopped by itself. I can't tell you % before or after. Maybe lost 20%???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05