A couple of annoyances with Wp8

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
First, the keyboard, specifically in landscape mode. It takes up way too much space on the screen, blocking content and then there is the whole "rubber band" effect when trying to scroll the screen to see what you're typing.

Second, the cursor. Why in the hell is it such a struggle to move the blasted thing where you want it?

Are there any plans to address such painful annoyances?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The keyboard is a pain in landscape home. agreed.

For the cursor. You just need to tap and hold and drag. Took a while to get accustomed to it, especially coming from blackberry. But it's great now :)

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
For the cursor. You just need to tap and hold and drag. Took a while to get accustomed to it, especially coming from blackberry. But it's great now :)

That doesn't always work as intended because of the keyboard being in the way, the screen not auto scrolling and the problem is made worse when you have an otterbox. The sides are raised, making it difficult to get close to the edge.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't always work as intended because of the keyboard being in the way, the screen not auto scrolling and the problem is made worse when you have an otterbox. The sides are raised, making it difficult to get close to the edge.

Never had a person say this after he or she is told how to use the cursor. You must had it the wrong way but since we are not around you we cant really tell why you are struggling that much.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Holding the screen for the cursor to apear is not the most practical thing in the world i agree. Why isn't it that you just tap there where you want and it apears, i have no idea.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Holding the screen for the cursor to apear is not the most practical thing in the world i agree. Why isn't it that you just tap there where you want and it apears, i have no idea.

I think its fairly reasonable. trying to tap the screen in the right place is almost impossible between 2 characters for anyone who's fingers are wider than 3mm in diameter...even on my tablet i cant get it right. Tap, hold and drag is much more reliable...

I also prefer the tap to select whole word setup, it makes using suggestions much easier, and most of the time the correct word is available so i don't have to reposition the cursor

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
First, the keyboard, specifically in landscape mode. It takes up way too much space on the screen, blocking content and then there is the whole "rubber band" effect when trying to scroll the screen to see what you're typing.

Second, the cursor. Why in the hell is it such a struggle to move the blasted thing where you want it?

Are there any plans to address such painful annoyances?

I agree somewhat with your first problem, but from experience it happens on most devices. The keyboard's that size to ensure typing mistakes.

I totally disagree about the cursor. I find it very easy to position. It's far, far better than the solution Apple's got going in iOS. Now that's a pain in the ***, even on a tablet with a 10" screen.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The size of the keys are fine, its the fat around the keyboard that needs trimmed down. When I press and hold to move the cursor, the screen doesn't scroll with my finger. I know how to use the cursor guys!

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Just try it a couple of times, i did preffered the tap to show cursor where i tapped, even though i don't hit the desired spot from the first try, but you can get use to this easily..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb