Should I backup contacts to Hotmail or Back Up Assistant Plus?

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I see there are two options to backup contacts (Hotmail and Back Up Assistant Plus). Which is better?

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What account is your Microsoft Account? If you chose the Hotmail Account as your Microsoft Account, then your contacts are automatically backed up there.

I've never heard of Back Up Assistant Plus. It sounds like something offered by your carrier. What carrier do you have?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
What account is your Microsoft Account? If you chose the Hotmail Account as your Microsoft Account, then your contacts are automatically backed up there.

I've never heard of Back Up Assistant Plus. It sounds like something offered by your carrier. What carrier do you have?

I agree with Laura. Back Up Assistant is probably a carrier app/feature. I would always use your MS account as it is more likely to cross over better to other OSes and Phones.

Cindy_H

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Backup Assistant Plus will restore your contacts across different phones and OS. I have used it to move contacts from my old Samsung to my old Motorola and to my current 928.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Backup Assistant Plus will restore your contacts across different phones and OS. I have used it to move contacts from my old Samsung to my old Motorola and to my current 928.

So will using your MS/Hotmail/Outlook.com Account. Pretty much all the smartphones support using Exchange Active Sync. The added benefit is that they can also sync across all your computers as well. A change made across your PC will appear on all your devices and vice versa.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb