No double tap to wake on 620 and 720

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Does it get Glance? My friend has the 521 on T-Mobile and I noticed yesterday that her phone didn't get Glance with the GDR2/Amber update. Odd.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If they had given the tap to wake on 720, it'd cause a battery drain as it is LCD.
This would mean people all around the world cursing Nokia for eating battery, since they haven't given this feature, people want to curse about not giving it.

phing77

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
that's sad :unhappy: i have a Lumia 920 and really love Glance and Double tap to wake. I guess my cousin's 720 won't get it

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
If they had given the tap to wake on 720, it'd cause a battery drain as it is LCD.
This would mean people all around the world cursing Nokia for eating battery, since they haven't given this feature, people want to curse about not giving it.
Actually the Lumia 720 has same battery size as the 920 but with smaller screen and less pixels. It probably has longest battery life out of any WP8

Last edited:

Nightwishh

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 820 has also an LCD screen and get that feature.

k1llf1n63r

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
No " Double tap to wake " in lumia 720 ?????
"Double tap to wake" is a feature that I'm waiting from this update...

i think now is the best time to sell my lumia and go for another brand...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
No " Double tap to wake " in lumia 720 ?????
"Double tap to wake" is a feature that I'm waiting from this update...

i think now is the best time to sell my lumia and go for another brand...

yeah probably i would do the same thing...Nokia is a pathetic product, never buy them. Instead i will buy the Galaxy, don't know which one since there are hundreds already. And also this site sucks, i will delete my account and never come back!! I hope you do the same thing

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
yeah probably i would do the same thing...Nokia is a pathetic product, never buy them. Instead i will buy the Galaxy, don't know which one since there are hundreds already. And also this site sucks, i will delete my account and never come back!! I hope you do the same thing

dont let the door hit you on the way out

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Extremely disappointed as a 720 user. I really don't care about that feature, but Nokia can't say in this case that's a missing hardware issue, it's just simple: they don't want to bring this to the 520, 620, 720. I just feel somehow betrayed :). I really do. I'm sorry, but as much as I love my phone, the next one won't be a Nokia.

You say you feel betrayed but also state you don't care about that feature. Your contradiction is EPIC!

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Double tap-to-wake features is cool but it takes juice from your battery. I have updated my Lumia 920 to Amber but I decided to disable that features because of battery issue. ll Nice to have it in case you need it but you can still enjoy your Lumia phone experience without it.

k1llf1n63r

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Double tap-to-wake features is cool but it takes juice from your battery. I have updated my Lumia 920 to Amber but I decided to disable that features because of battery issue. ll Nice to have it in case you need it but you can still enjoy your Lumia phone experience without it.

estimate how much percentage of the power used this "double tap to wake" feature in 12 hours with normal use in 920?

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh my! people have lost the feeling called sarcasm, never mind -_-

Maybe too subtle? I think your sig speaks for you in this case. Anyway... I've found double tap to be unreliable at best, battery draining maybe. Can't say since I turned it off after an hour. The way I hold my phone... easier to just press that button on the side. Only real annoyance is not including FM radio on some of the phones. WP7 mandated FM, but WP8 did not. Not a massive lose, but a lose.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe too subtle? I think your sig speaks for you in this case. Anyway... I've found double tap to be unreliable at best, battery draining maybe. Can't say since I turned it off after an hour. The way I hold my phone... easier to just press that button on the side. Only real annoyance is not including FM radio on some of the phones. WP7 mandated FM, but WP8 did not. Not a massive lose, but a lose.

-_-
Again FM radio was not part of the feature set till GDR2 was announced so making in mandatory for manufacturers before hand was not needed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720