Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By helsten2
  • 1 Post By foxbat121

Hey guys,

a few weeks ago there have been some news telling there will be a bluetooth 4.0 stack implementation from Nokia. I wonder about in which update it will be included. I thought it was told that it should be included in the amber update but no ones talking about BT anymore now that amber is rolling out. Are there any news on that topic?
    Thanks!

Not read anything, and I'd expect the SDK to be updated to support new features but no one has said that has happened so perhaps further updates will be required to enable it. E.g. GDR3.

Well, it is not in GDR2 on my L920 (BT v3.1 with A2DP, EDR), so we can just wait and hope it will be in GDR3. Or in WP8.1 ...
    It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Originally Posted by helsten2 View Post
    Well, it is not in GDR2 on my L920 (BT v3.1 with A2DP, EDR), so we can just wait and hope it will be in GDR3. Or in WP8.1 ...
    were do you check to see the version I have?

I found an App:
    System View
    wp_ss_20130825_0001.png
    Last edited by helsten2; 08-25-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln
    Thanked by:
    pmhgeneral likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by helsten2 View Post
    I found an App:
    System View
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20130825_0001.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	41274
    Just loaded system view and I have version 3.1 also on my 822 on Verizon thanks for the tip.

Global Posts
    1,223 Global Posts
    How do you know System View app didn't simply show you static specs of the hardware based on phone model instead of getting from the API? AFAIK, most of these hardware information are not available from published APIs.
    Thanked by:
    pmhgeneral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by foxbat121 View Post
    How do you know System View app didn't simply show you static specs of the hardware based on phone model instead of getting from the API? .
    I don't ....
    Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbat121 View Post
    How do you know System View app didn't simply show you static specs of the hardware based on phone model instead of getting from the API? AFAIK, most of these hardware information are not available from published APIs.
    Good point I didn't think of that, does anyone know how to check it or was it in the amber update?