Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Hello Guys,
    I don't know if somebody else found this trick so far, so just though of sharing with you.

Now You can install Samsung Or HTC Collection's apps on Your Lumia devices.

Hello guys i found a trick to install samsung or Htc collection apps on YOur Lumia Phone. Its Amazing.
    A small Trick is giving access to all apps from samsung and HTC collection.
    And more over you can install Nokia Pro Camera on LUmia 820 by doing the same trick.
    I have Lumia 820 and now i have alomost all applications from Samsung, HTC and NOkia.
    The only thing you need to do is connect to a wifi network and enable proxy for that wifi connection. Please follow instructions bellow.

1. Change your phone region to United States

2. Connect to a WiFi network

3. Under Settings - WiFi, click on the WiFi network you are connected to

4. Switch 'Proxy' to on. Now type "117.135.139.179" into "Server/URL". In "Port", type in "8888", then click on the tick at the bottom of the screen

7. Go to the Store and click on 'Nokia Collection' - now you will see all apps from HTC, Samsung and Nokia all together. install them all :P

Enjoyeeee Guys :D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20130826_0008.png   wp_ss_20130826_0009.png   wp_ss_20130826_0019.png   wp_ss_20130826_0007.png   wp_ss_20130826_0016.png  

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I'm getting apps aren't available for your device errors. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Editor in Chief of Technocove, Windows Phone Lover, DDR Freak, Poet, Curious Being

Device: White Nokia Icon (32 GB)
    Network: AT&T
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Coolaaron88 View Post
    I'm getting apps aren't available for your device errors. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes You may get that problem (I got it too). But dont worry when it gives any error message simply go back and tap on any other application. keep on taping on all apps and you will see an option to install after some time. i think its a glitch from the microsoft server. Install them all before they disappear
    Thanked by:

lol I didn't get App Folder but I did Nokia Pro Cam on my lumia620 gdr2+amber
    diktea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Djolle View Post
    lol I didn't get App Folder but I did Nokia Pro Cam on my lumia620 gdr2+amber
    Congratsss :P
    Now I wonder how did i get all those apps?? :P

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Installed Nokia Pro cam, App folder and HTC app. I thought HTC app shows that clock thing on the live tile.. But the tile is just blank..

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokn Wing View Post
    Hello Guys,
    I don't know if somebody else found this trick so far, so just though of sharing with you.

Now You can install Samsung Or HTC Collection's apps on Your Lumia devices.

Hello guys i found a trick to install samsung or Htc collection apps on YOur Lumia Phone. Its Amazing.
    A small Trick is giving access to all apps from samsung and HTC collection.
    And more over you can install Nokia Pro Camera on LUmia 820 by doing the same trick.
    I have Lumia 820 and now i have alomost all applications from Samsung, HTC and NOkia.
    The only thing you need to do is connect to a wifi network and enable proxy for that wifi connection. Please follow instructions bellow.

1. Change your phone region to United States

2. Connect to a WiFi network

3. Under Settings - WiFi, click on the WiFi network you are connected to

4. Switch 'Proxy' to on. Now type "117.135.139.179" into "Server/URL". In "Port", type in "8888", then click on the tick at the bottom of the screen

7. Go to the Store and click on 'Nokia Collection' - now you will see all apps from HTC, Samsung and Nokia all together. install them all :P

Enjoyeeee Guys :D
    Doesn't it work without wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by avigyan View Post
    Doesn't it work without wifi?
    Yes it works without wifi

just go to setting>acess point
    then add the proxy and port in ur default access point ;)

I saw this, I just think they're not as good as Nokia's.

Where is the option to change phone region?
    Abhinav2228 likes this.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepak Prakash View Post
    Where is the option to change phone region?
    Go to Settings>language+region. Change Country/Region to United States. You need to restart the phone.
    Once you are done with Installing the apps, go back to your orignal region settings..

PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokn Wing View Post
    And, who owns the proxy server that will be seeing my information?

Edit: Some guy in China. No thanks http://117.135.139.179:8888/
    Last edited by crav4speed; 08-26-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    Windows - Surface RT

Windows Phone - Dell Venue Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 1520

Windows Mobile - i-mate SP5 | HTC 8525 | HTC Touch HD

Thanked by:
    dhruvz 
    Maxim Van Damme likes this.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sahil1990 View Post
    Yes it works without wifi

just go to setting>acess point
    then add the proxy and port in ur default access point ;)
    I did it but it cannot connect to the marketplace now. Gosh!
    hotraia likes this.

HTC clock tile is blank. Anyone knows the model number of the 8X, the one you'll see on fiddler?
    Hit the "thanks" button if you thought the post above was helpful!

[HR][/HR]
    Current Device:

Samsung ATIV S GT-I8370
    Firmware: 2424.12.12.3
    ROM: UK OPEN
    Network: StarHub
    Dev Unlocked: ✔

Global Posts
    2,028 Global Posts
    What makes you Nokia users think you are entitled to the exclusive apps from HTC and Samsung, don't you have enough apps of your own?

Quote Originally Posted by neo158 View Post
    What makes you Nokia users think you are entitled to the exclusive apps from HTC and Samsung, don't you have enough apps of your own?
    I'm guessing, the same things that makes HTC and Samsung users feel entitled to install Nokia apps, using this same method.

PIN
    Email
    This in theory should allow HTC and Samsung owners get Nokia Apps as well so it goes both ways.

Besides the App Folder to me personally is useless as when I think about what apps i need as a surplus on my home screen. Nothing comes to my mind however some may find use for it. Also there are connectivity shortcut apps in the store and some are free to boot.
    Can We Auto-Correct Humanity?

Centralised folder for game data + saves, which in turn is backed upto the cloud.

User voice vote link

Vote here for smart dialing!!!

User voice vote link for smart dialing

Vote for Jen Taylors voice in english speaking countries (my ears are still bleeding after listening to UK version of Cortana ) :
    User Voice link

Forum Thread

Global Posts
    2,028 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgkeath View Post
    I'm guessing, the same things that makes HTC and Samsung users feel entitled to install Nokia apps, using this same method.
    So because Samsung users do this that makes it right, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by TechFreak1 View Post
    This in theory should allow HTC and Samsung owners get Nokia Apps as well so it goes both ways.

Besides the App Folder to me personally is useless as when I think about what apps i need as a surplus on my home screen. Nothing comes to my mind however some may find use for it. Also there are connectivity shortcut apps in the store and some are free to boot.
    No, in theory, about it. It works both ways.
    Jordan Mills likes this.

Global Posts
    2,028 Global Posts
    You can bet that Microsoft are monitoring this "hack" and when they eventually close it off they WILL remove them from your phones!!!!!

So because Samsung users do this that makes it right, does it?
    Where did you see me say it was right? I simply stated that it works the other way too, so don't single out Nokia users. Every person can choose for themselves what they consider right/wrong.

Global Posts
    2,028 Global Posts
    Where did you see me say it was right? I simply stated that it works the other way too, so don't single out Nokia users. Every person can choose for themselves what they consider right/wrong.
    The point is that Samsung and HTC users aren't actively bragging about it though, are they?

The point is that Samsung and HTC users aren't actively bragging about it though, are they?
    Yes, they have. Try looking through the forums. This is hardly the first thread pertaining to this proxy trick. Also, this is not the only way to accomplish installing other manufacturers' apps; just a simpler way.

And, I'd hardly call it bragging. I'd say, sharing. If anything, HTC and Samsung users benefit from this more than Nokia users, since Nokia has a larger base of exclusive apps.

You don't have to convince me, or anyone else, whether it's right/wrong. If it's wrong for you, don't do it. I'm sure others will do what they decide to do.
    Last edited by mgkeath; 08-26-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    JyhJiin likes this.
    it works,thx dude

Global Posts
    2,028 Global Posts
    Yes, they have. Try looking through the forums. This is hardly the first thread pertaining to this proxy trick. Also, this is not the only way to accomplish installing other manufacturers' apps; just a simpler way.

And, I'd hardly call it bragging. I'd say, sharing. If anything, HTC and Samsung users benefit from this more than Nokia users, since Nokia has a larger base of exclusive apps.

You don't have to convince me, or anyone else, whether it's right/wrong. If it's wrong for you, don't do it. I'm sure others will do what they decide to do.
    You can bet that Microsoft are watching the accounts using this "hack", patch the flaw that allows this, remove the apps that you shouldn't have and bans accounts for violating the terms of use.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast