Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Hello guys,

How many of you know that we can create actual folders on our lumia devices?? Well its officially not declared yet and they are still working on this i guess, but i found this trick yesterday and got this application to create folders on my Lumia 820. This app is from samsung But i will tell you how to install it on your lumia device. please follow the instructions bellow.

The only thing you need to do is connect to a wifi network and enable proxy for that wifi connection. Please follow instructions bellow.

1. Change your phone region to United States

2. Connect to a WiFi network

3. Under Settings - WiFi, click on the WiFi network you are connected to

4. Switch 'Proxy' to on. Now type "117.135.139.179" into "Server/URL". In "Port", type in "8888", then click on the tick at the bottom of the screen

7. Go to the Store and click on 'Nokia Collection' - now you will see "App Folder" application - Download it and enjoy :D check screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20130826_0026.png   wp_ss_20130826_0027.png   wp_ss_20130826_0028%5B1%5D.png   wp_ss_20130826_0025.png  
    Last edited by Brokn Wing; 08-26-2013 at 06:21 AM. Reason: More screen shots added.
    Thanked by:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    jfa1, chezm, Shawn Magm and 2 others like this.

Awesome find, works well, i just made 1 to put all my map apps in and pinned it to my homescreen.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bozza72 View Post
    Awesome find, works well, i just made 1 to put all my map apps in and pinned it to my homescreen.
    cheers
    Congratssss :P
    Try MangaCamera , you will love this cam app.
    Time is Gonna Come When Everyone Would Love To Ditch Their Droid / Mac Phones to Get A Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Me too. I just made one tile (Folder pinned to Start screen) which contains all 22 of the photo apps listed in the long string of apps on my app list. Now to make folders for music, gps, and utility apps. Just like iPhone has been able to do for years now. I think another potentially good screen folder app would contain switches for turning on and off the cellular, wi fi, and Bluetooth radios. I suspect that the Airplane switch is seldom enough used, even for frequent fliers, and sorts at the top so a folder holding it isn't required. Perhaps a folder for games, videos, and new apps. The Games app in the list of apps is already a folder as it is. Music+Videos is a folder of your music, videos, and a portal for buying more music. I think I will make a folder pinned to the start screen for the few videos I already have and use.

If, as I believe, and have stated elsewhere herein, the cell phone is really a pocket computer with a phone app attached, then this device should exhibit more of the computer benefits and less of the "only apps invented here philosophy" of most smart phones. Computers are our tools and should be customizable to suit our needs, if at all possible.

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    Very nice, but manga camera is the only one that installs for me. The other Samsung apps all say my device is unsupported. I'm sure I could make it work with fiddler, but I was hoping for this easier method. Lumia 928 on Amber.

Quote Originally Posted by lucas.scott View Post
    Very nice, but manga camera is the only one that installs for me. The other Samsung apps all say my device is unsupported. I'm sure I could make it work with fiddler, but I was hoping for this easier method. Lumia 928 on Amber.

Bro,

If you go back to mangacam app one more time it would say its not supported :D. So best way is keep on switching between all these apps and and the download button will be visible. That's the trick and thats how it worked for me :D i was able to install almost all apps from samsung and HTC. Best one i liked from samsung is video and photo editor with NIce lences.
    Time is Gonna Come When Everyone Would Love To Ditch Their Droid / Mac Phones to Get A Windows Phone.
    desosav likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffskent View Post
    Me too. I just made one tile (Folder pinned to Start screen) which contains all 22 of the photo apps listed in the long string of apps on my app list. Now to make folders for music, gps, and utility apps. Just like iPhone has been able to do for years now. I think another potentially good screen folder app would contain switches for turning on and off the cellular, wi fi, and Bluetooth radios. I suspect that the Airplane switch is seldom enough used, even for frequent fliers, and sorts at the top so a folder holding it isn't required. Perhaps a folder for games, videos, and new apps. The Games app in the list of apps is already a folder as it is. Music+Videos is a folder of your music, videos, and a portal for buying more music. I think I will make a folder pinned to the start screen for the few videos I already have and use.

If, as I believe, and have stated elsewhere herein, the cell phone is really a pocket computer with a phone app attached, then this device should exhibit more of the computer benefits and less of the "only apps invented here philosophy" of most smart phones. Computers are our tools and should be customizable to suit our needs, if at all possible.

Bro,
    I am sure , like samsung, nokia might be working on similar application too. you might have noticed the folder app is from samsung not from Nokia, And the thing is Samsung itself has not rolled out this app fro samsung users. i cheked on my old samsung focus. So lets cross our fingers for nokia to come up with similar application with much much better options

Nice. I will try it for sure.

Nice concept from samsung.. But opening apps inside the folder is kind of slow and icons have low resolution. Maybe optimized for samsung only..
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,498 Global Posts
    Leave Nokia and Samsung. Microsoft should work on this, I mean windows explorer has had folders since before I was born. They should have tile based folders which should be awesome.

I wish they would do that too, in addition to all the things I wish in WP as it is.

I already tried this last week but the app is slow and sometimes it crashes. I use this for my wifi/3g/BT tile then I replace it with Battery Pro+ which also has shortcut for connections.
    Developer

Works, everything works!!! Thanks alot!!
    Password Generator | Password Generator+ | Easy Shortcuts! | Secure Chat | Night Clock

FLY OR DIE.

Current Devices: Nokia Lumia 820, Lumia 620

Global Posts
    1,356 Global Posts
    this looks AWESOME...dont want to change my region though (in Canada)...ill wait but definitely good news
    Nexus 5 -- Surface Pro 2

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chezm View Post
    this looks AWESOME...dont want to change my region though (in Canada)...ill wait but definitely good news
    You can switch back to your region once you are done..

Quote Originally Posted by chezm View Post
    Bro try doing it without changing the region and let us know if it works ;)

Quote Originally Posted by jlp34876 View Post
    I already tried this last week but the app is slow and sometimes it crashes. I use this for my wifi/3g/BT tile then I replace it with Battery Pro+ which also has shortcut for connections.
    It may be an issue with the device bro. Try Hard reset on your phone (Not from settings). then try installig these apps. it sud work.

Great !

Global Posts
    1,754 Global Posts
    Didn't buy a Samsung device then you aren't entitled to Samsung apps!!!!

Global Posts
    1,356 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokn Wing View Post
    Bro try doing it without changing the region and let us know if it works ;)
    I did it without changing the region and it works, just finished downloading

App wasn't located under Nokia Collection, had to manually search

Booooya
    Nexus 5 -- Surface Pro 2
  20. tgp

Global Posts
    2,555 Global Posts
    Nice find!

But this is another example of the folly of what a lot of WP users use as a bragging point:

"With WP you don't need apps to do stuff; it's all built in to the OS!"
    Current lineup: Nexus 5 (primary device), Lumia 920, Moto G, and Lumia 520. There, I did it; I updated my signature!

Does this really work??? It won't do anything to my phone??? Just asking you know...

Quote Originally Posted by newavengers12 View Post
    Does this really work??? It won't do anything to my phone??? Just asking you know...
    Go ahead my friend :) we are not playing with flash or ROM. its just a gltch on microsoft server and we are utilizing it :P
    Later and sooner same apps will be availabel for you. This is just Trailer :D

Global Posts
    1,356 Global Posts
    Go ahead my friend :) we are not playing with flash or ROM. its just a gltch on microsoft server and we are utilizing it :P
    I can second this statement....everything is fine to proceed

Just remember to remove the proxy from Wifi after you're done
    Nexus 5 -- Surface Pro 2

Global Posts
    1,754 Global Posts
    It's a hack that you can bet Microsoft is watching and will probably patch sometime soon, not only that but they will remove the apps you aren't supposed to have from your phone.

"Later and sooner" those apps will never be available for other manufacturers devices, they are manufacturer specific and are what differentiate one manufacturer from the next.

Global Posts
    1,356 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neo158 View Post
    It's a hack that you can bet Microsoft is watching and will probably patch sometime soon, not only that but they will remove the apps you aren't supposed to have from your phone.
    I doubt time and efforts will be spent to remove a single, non-harmful app from a select number of consumer phones. They really dont have a major concern because once the phone gets another update im sure the app will be gone as it cant re-install.
    Nexus 5 -- Surface Pro 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast