One Windows

Microsoft is building a new Windows 10 Shell for PC, Mobile and Xbox

On the Inside

Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program

Beautiful compromises

Surface Studio review: you'll want one, even if you don't need one

3-in-1

Is this the Surface Phone? Microsoft awarded patents for foldable devices

Windows Central Offers

MCSE Certification bundle is just $39

Even more improvements

All the changes found in Windows 10 build 15007!

Games as a Service

What does the cancellation of Scalebound mean for future Xbox exclusives?

Windows Central Offers

Save $90 on these FRESHeBUDS Pro Magnetic Bluetooth Earbuds

Returning for 2017

We're back with an new episode of #AskDanWindows

Lifetime Subscription

VPNSecure is currently 91% off

Our favorite things

The Best of CES 2017 Awards

Infinity Edge in your hand

The XPS 13 2-in-1 is the Dell convertible we've always wanted

Project Valerie

Razer just made a laptop with three — THREE! — 17-inch 4K displays. 😱

Great design from Palo Alto

HP's CES 2017 releases are truly gorgeous PCs

Intel and Google's big day

CES 2017 Day Two: New laptops, new phones, and old ideas made new

Take five is better than ever

The updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 packs Kaby Lake chips and zero bloatware

Everything we know about the next Xbox: Project Scorpio

UWPowered

'Game Mode' for Windows 10 will power Xbox One and Scorpio games too

Buyer's guide

Best accessories for Microsoft Surface Book

Oh, what a year!

Windows Central Best of 2016 Awards

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. rdubmu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,502 Global Posts
       #1  
    I did a Bing search for a local restaurant and the business results now show up in the web results with links to call or drive to the restaurant. The local tab has been removed. I really like the change as before you had to swipe over to local/then click on the business than select the phone number or drive to.
  2. Cubeddd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    92 Posts
    #2  
    I still got it. 920 in Uk (gdr1)
  3. willied's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubeddd View Post
    I still got it. 920 in Uk (gdr1)
    It's a back end update, so it will automatically come in time without you having to update anything.
  4. eric12341's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,635 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,641 Global Posts
    #4  
    Yup its slowly rolling out, I just got it today.
  5. Brandon Keenan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #5  
    I noticed this the other day as well and it was kind of frustrating since I tend to use it a lot. Also i have noticed that the photos either do not fully render or are incredibly slow to do so and that swiping from each category is slow. hopefully they revert it back to its original state
  6. rider2040's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    326 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Keenan View Post
    I noticed this the other day as well and it was kind of frustrating since I tend to use it a lot. Also i have noticed that the photos either do not fully render or are incredibly slow to do so and that swiping from each category is slow. hopefully they revert it back to its original state
    I was having an issue where search suggestions were really slow. I went to Settings > Internet Explorer > Delete browsing history. This made searches much more snappy in IE and Bing app.
  7. rdubmu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,502 Global Posts
       #7  
    This is actually a better feature to beable to call or drive within the app. Before you had to click on the business than click on the what you wanted to do.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20130826_0003.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	41473
  8. missionsparta's Avatar
    Active Member

    Posts
    732 Posts
    #8  
    My local tab is gone, and I'm not getting local results in the web section like they claimed. Example, if I type in Burger King, I get the main Web site as the first listing, then news about BK. There is no local listings to select addresses for driving directions or phone numbers. Anyone else having this problem?
  9. Cubeddd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    92 Posts
    #9  
    Well, still ain't received it. Hope its a US thing!
  10. palee87's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by missionsparta View Post
    My local tab is gone, and I'm not getting local results in the web section like they claimed. Example, if I type in Burger King, I get the main Web site as the first listing, then news about BK. There is no local listings to select addresses for driving directions or phone numbers. Anyone else having this problem?
    Yes! I too have this problem and we aren't alone apparently. Actually, you can somewhat get around this (for the time being hopefully) by turning off location in the setting (not the search location setting). Yes, that's right...turning OFF location and then searching again. Then you'll see the local listings like you see in the screenshot from the previous post. It's so weird. It's almost working backwards. I hope Microsoft fixes this soon. Does anyone know how I can provide such feedback?
  11. missionsparta's Avatar
    Active Member

    Posts
    732 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by palee87 View Post
    Yes! I too have this problem and we aren't alone apparently. Actually, you can somewhat get around this (for the time being hopefully) by turning off location in the setting (not the search location setting). Yes, that's right...turning OFF location and then searching again. Then you'll see the local listings like you see in the screenshot from the previous post. It's so weird. It's almost working backwards. I hope Microsoft fixes this soon. Does anyone know how I can provide such feedback?
    Jesus Christ. You're right. Who the F' beta tests these things Microsoft? I could have told you in the first two seconds that your Bing local update is broken. Wtf???
  12. Mr. Tofu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #12  
    I hate it. I want local back! What are our options for feedback? I don't think twitter would do much. Is there a website we can use?
  13. missionsparta's Avatar
    Active Member

    Posts
    732 Posts
    #13  
    What the hell. Like i said, his work around brings back Local, but small problem -- I LIVE IN DETROIT.... NOT F'N LONDON!!! I've already waited a year for them to fix Xbox Music and Xbox Video...now I'm suppose to wait how long for a fix for this? I was told you would be getting us tons of updates due to your ability to now by pass carriers??? Where is any of this crap??? This is getting ridiculous. What a colossal mess. Bring back Zune...give us our monthly updates that over ride carriers like you promised...AND DO IT NOW!!!! I'm sick of this crap.
  14. Cubeddd's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    92 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by missionsparta View Post
    What the hell. Like i said, his work around brings back Local, but small problem -- I LIVE IN DETROIT.... NOT F'N LONDON!!! I've already waited a year for them to fix Xbox Music and Xbox Video...now I'm suppose to wait how long for a fix for this? I was told you would be getting us tons of updates due to your ability to now by pass carriers??? Where is any of this crap??? This is getting ridiculous. What a colossal mess. Bring back Zune...give us our monthly updates that over ride carriers like you promised...AND DO IT NOW!!!! I'm sick of this crap.
    Well that escalated quickly.
  15. rdubmu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,502 Global Posts
       #15  
    I didn't have to make any adjustments. My results show up in web. A couple of searches I had to scroll down and they were there



    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-01-2016, 02:20 AM
  2. Amber update "available" but nowhere to be found?
    By anon5351951 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 01:15 PM
  3. Amber update now available for O2 UK Lumia 820
    By jasminder baring1 in forum Microsoft News & Rumors
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 04:33 PM
  4. Revert phone back to pre GDR2 update?
    By vegas33139 in forum Samsung ATIV S
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 09:43 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions