Is it necessary to restart WP8 in a day or two?

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi people, i've been using my Lumia 620 from last 3 months but after heavy usage for two or three days, it starts to slow down while opening apps or while multitasking. So my question is do we have to daily or may be in two days restart the phone (turning off and then on) to keep up with the performance?

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I restart my phone when I feel its really filled up. Normally it takes 3 days for my phone [dont use it too much. still it gets slow :p ]

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
honestly I restart mine once every couple months...I would check to make sure you don't have too many apps running in the background.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I restart it once a week to avoid any hiccups. I have had very few like the OS freezing and the phone not being responsive enough. SO I guess once a week or two is enough IMO.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to remember that ultimately this is Microsoft Windows. Sure, it shares the most current kernel with WinRT and Win8, and Windows is *WAY* better than it used to be, but it's still Windows. Every once in a while it needs a solid reboot or two. :)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I reboot my 920 every day or every other day for good measure, just as I would my windows desktop. Only takes a minute or two...

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Once a week should be ok. Also you can use that to calibrate the battery like once a month by using it till it drains and goes off and then fully charging it.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I"ve restarted my L920 maybe three times in the nine months I've had it. The only reason I did that was to kill an app that wasn't playing nice with the location services. Since then I've turned off the location service and problem has not appeared again.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I notice that app updates are the only reason I end up rebooting, that is mostly because I see some extra battery drain after I do a bulk update of several apps at once, once I so a soft reboot, back to normal. over all much better than my previous android experience.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I only restart when something funky is going on (seems sluggish, abnormal battery drain (rare), etc...). I would say that ends up being about once per 1-2 months in my case. Can't complain about that with a phone IMO.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I rarely ever reboot my phone (L920) or PCs (Win7 and Win8). No stability problems. The only time my PC reboots is when it has to (like some updates). Same for the phone.

Now if you have a lower end 512MB phone, it might be a different story. Memory is tight on those phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion