Finally feeling mature?

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else feel that WP8 is now really starting to feel mature after GDR2 [+Amber on Lumia 920]? Got data sense, got visual voicemail. Quite happy now.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the platform as a whole is starting to mature a bit and is being taken a lot more seriously by people everywhere, but I think it's still missing some important features and that it needs to keep pushing forward to continue to be taken seriously.

shobhan03

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
For me in India on the carrier Vodafone, it just brought me Radio feature wise. No datasense. I am immensely sad about this fact. I am really looking forward for GDr3 to see more changes in my 8X. But that said, i am quite satisfied with what i have and yes about maturity, it does feel like a OS. WP7 was like a trial version for them in the market. My brother has Lumia 610 with WP7.8 and he is quite frustrated and unsatisfied with microsoft and other apps not showing immense love/taking them seriously.

Anyways, looking forward for GDr3 now...

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For me in India on the carrier Vodafone, it just brought me Radio feature wise. No datasense. I am immensely sad about this fact. I am really looking forward for GDr3 to see more changes in my 8X. But that said, i am quite satisfied with what i have and yes about maturity, it does feel like a OS. WP7 was like a trial version for them in the market. My brother has Lumia 610 with WP7.8 and he is quite frustrated and unsatisfied with microsoft and other apps not showing immense love/taking them seriously.

Anyways, looking forward for GDr3 now...

what do you mean you dont have data sense. I am on vodafone and I have data sense.There are no contracts in India of course?

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
It's far from mature. There's a serious problem with the battery on this system and it's a huge deal breaker. Until they fix that it won't be mature.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad for you, it really seems Ativ's are the only ones without this issue, but check the poll at the top, almost 60 people from this forum alone have the problem. Whatever it is, it is related to WP8 but Samsung maybe did something with the firmware to avoid the issue, purposely or not.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
WP8 is starting to seem more and more like a truly matured platform as far as the OS itself and the ecosystem goes.

shobhan03

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
It's far from mature. There's a serious problem with the battery on this system and it's a huge deal breaker. Until they fix that it won't be mature.
Indeed they need to address the issue. But by keeping on 2G mode, batt saver mode, makes your batt lasts long enough for entire day.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Well maybe turning everything off except phone and messages, can prevent this random battery drain, but then what's the point of a smartphone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire