This again?

Windows Central Podcast 37: Windows 10 Mobile is still dead

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By berty6294
  1. z33dev33l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    839 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I need one for an 820 and a Surface and am not picky about the brand as long as it works. Please inform me.
  2. Francoenlanoche's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    I have been reading that sandisk class 10 works pretty good, but the one with almost zero complaints is the one from Samsung, also class 10, remember that you have to format the micro sd on fat32 for the wp8
  3. z33dev33l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    839 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Honestly, I just want cheap
  4. LumiaGuy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Costco's site has the Sandisk 64gb Class 10 Micro SDXC for $54.99 shipped free which was $5 cheaper than Walmart. They also have a PNY 64GB Professional X Series Class 10 SDXC for $49.99 with free shipping. Walmart's site has a Wintec FileMate 64GB Class 10 SDXC Card for $43.53. Personally, I'd avoid trying to save pennies buying something from other than a major reputable seller as counterfeit, inferior quality cards are everywhere. You can't beat Costco for standing behind items they sell.
  5. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Go to Amazon. 99% of the time it's cheaper.
    hopmedic likes this.
  6. LumiaGuy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Also, Best Buy has a Polaroid 64GB SDXC Class 10 Memory Card on sale for $39.99 shipped free.
  7. LumiaGuy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    The thing I don't like about Amazon is there are so many sellers, how do you know you're not buying a knock-off that may have lesser performance or shorter life? Plus you have the hassle of having to ship the thing back if there's a problem and the possibility of it getting lost in between.
  8. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by LumiaGuy View Post
    The thing I don't like about Amazon is there are so many sellers, how do you know you're not buying a knock-off that may have lesser performance or shorter life? Plus you have the hassle of having to ship the thing back if there's a problem and the possibility of it getting lost in between.
    I've made a hundred purchases off amazon and have never had a problem. A lot of times if I the item is defective or a new version of that model comes out, you can contact the seller and they'll send you a knew one and let you keep the defective one.
  9. LumiaGuy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I've made a hundred purchases off amazon and have never had a problem. A lot of times if I the item is defective or a new version of that model comes out, you can contact the seller and they'll send you a knew one and let you keep the defective one.
    I've also purchased lots of stuff off Amazon. The fact remains that there are boatloads of Gray-market/Counterfit MicroSD cards being sold, often at much lower prices than the real item. If you want to play the odds with your hard-earned money trying to save a couple of sheckles, that's fine. I'll spend a little more to have less chance of a problem and if there is one, less hassle dealing with it.
  10. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by LumiaGuy View Post
    I've also purchased lots of stuff off Amazon. The fact remains that there are boatloads of Gray-market/Counterfit MicroSD cards being sold, often at much lower prices than the real item. If you want to play the odds with your hard-earned money trying to save a couple of sheckles, that's fine. I'll spend a little more to have less chance of a problem and if there is one, less hassle dealing with it.
    I mean or you could just check who the seller is. But to each their own, just offering up my experience!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-08-2015, 07:46 AM
  2. Free 25$ app credit for Lumia 928
    By MobileVortex in forum Nokia Lumia 928
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 04:07 PM
  3. Best app for Video game news?
    By somerandomguy1 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 07:31 PM
  4. Best app for Video game news?
    By somerandomguy1 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 10:06 AM

Posting Permissions

";