Google Books?

Sheikboy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So the story is: I'm a grad student and I have a lot of my textbooks from the Google Books Store (they're significantly cheaper than amazon's ebook store). Can I access these from a Windows Phone? I have yet to find a third party app that does this, and the webapp doesn't work with the Browser (lame).

Any other way?

thanks

Sheik

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard of anything.

Is it really usable on any phone screen? Haven't heard of being looking at textbooks on their phone.

BTW, don't expect any Google support any time soon either.

Sheikboy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I mean it's mainly reading (all text, few graphs). I mainly use my computer, but I'd like to be able to peruse on the go as well. I go to school in Newark, NJ so there's no way in hell I'm using a tablet to read on the go.

I wasn't really expecting a native app, but at least a webapp I could use (kind of like Google Music)

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I mean it's mainly reading (all text, few graphs). I mainly use my computer, but I'd like to be able to peruse on the go as well. I go to school in Newark, NJ so there's no way in hell I'm using a tablet to read on the go.

I wasn't really expecting a native app, but at least a webapp I could use (kind of like Google Music)

Fair enough! I don't know of any that are available (I don't use Googlr books so I haven't gone out of my way to look either). This is one of those things that I would tell people to go to android for generally.

Sheikboy

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really only use two google services (apart YouTube) and that's Music and Books. CloudMuzik has me covered for Music (props to the developer, it's flawless), but not so much books. If I'm not mistaken the books service has a closed API which is why there are no 3rd party apps on any platform whatsoever.

But I wasn't passing up on Windows Phone just to use Google Books. Android is most definitely NOT my thing. Plus, I'm used to not having all my apps, I was once a WebOS user, which was even worse!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I really only use two google services (apart YouTube) and that's Music and Books. CloudMuzik has me covered for Music (props to the developer, it's flawless), but not so much books. If I'm not mistaken the books service has a closed API which is why there are no 3rd party apps on any platform whatsoever.

But I wasn't passing up on Windows Phone just to use Google Books. Android is most definitely NOT my thing. Plus, I'm used to not having all my apps, I was once a WebOS user, which was even worse!

Wouldn't be surprised about the closed API's. Google Music being more open makes sense since a lot of people use it to upload their own music. Do you know how CloudMuzik compares to Gooroovster?

I really do wish other browsers where allowed though (not just skins of IE), though this will probably never happen.

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So the story is: I'm a grad student and I have a lot of my textbooks from the Google Books Store (they're significantly cheaper than amazon's ebook store). Can I access these from a Windows Phone? I have yet to find a third party app that does this, and the webapp doesn't work with the Browser (lame).

Any other way?

thanks

Sheik

This is my problem. I was wondering if the web app worked at all for the RT series. I was considering trading my iPad mini for a RT tablet, but I rented some Google textbooks for class and I cannot do without them. No Google Books is a deal breaker.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss