Startscreen/Tile Innovations?

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
So I've been thinking about roadmap that was released awhile back showing expected feature updates for various Microsoft products and services by quarters...and if I recall one was saying "Start screen (or Tile) innovations" for wp8. If you haven't seen the "Future Productivity Vision (2011)" by Office on YouTube you should, pretty interesting concepts...anyway watching that has made me think of when is Microsoft going to change the whole flipping tiles on the start screen to side scrolling tiles like in that video??? I think that UI on an actual phone would be really cool. What do you guys think...do you think WP will ever be updated to that UI?

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
So I've been thinking about roadmap that was released awhile back showing expected feature updates for various Microsoft products and services by quarters...and if I recall one was saying "Start screen (or Tile) innovations" for wp8. If you haven't seen the "Future Productivity Vision (2011)" by Office on YouTube you should, pretty interesting concepts...anyway watching that has made me think of when is Microsoft going to change the whole flipping tiles on the start screen to side scrolling tiles like in that video??? I think that UI on an actual phone would be really cool. What do you guys think...do you think WP will ever be updated to that UI?

ahh no all Microsoft has to do is enable interactive tiles and also live content like htc clock and bring the new tile size from 8.1 rt and maybe Microsoft could bring the background animation from 8.1 rt to wp. Microsoft could also make new types of live tiles and also add more flips to apps (using flip function) from left or right or even from down :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel