Notification center concept.

mmodimo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have long believed Windows Phone doesn't need a notification center. I haven't missed it since I switched from android on my cellphone and iOS on my iPod; but since a lot of people are aksing for it, I think the best place to put this notification + control center is in the box that appears when you press the volume keys. I mean, it's accesible from anywhere in the OS and provides a clean interface; also, it won't be in your way of anything and, unlike a swipe from the edge of the screen, it's not a hit or miss.

I have worked in some concept on how this would work. When you are listening to music, a little player pops up, right? Well, with my idea, it'd be moved to the bottom of the bar instead of the top; it'd always be there if you swipe down the bar, providing a quick way of playing music. Also, some more other toogles could be add in there, maybe four toogles (cellular, wifi, bluetooth and NFC) and a brightness slider.

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had exactly the same idea with the volume button, check my early posts, I did some mock ups, but I used it for other things. My notification centre was slightly different and could be got by a swipe. I also considered the volume enrty method too. Have a gander at mine, if they are still accessable.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-microsoft-news-discussion/211460-2.htm

My first attempt is at post 31. I like the idea that the original chap had, but I did not like how he got to his. I submitted quite a few around this time. Further on is my notification centre. Post 42 on that thread I added the notification bit.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb