Copying videos to phone creates two files

Dazw

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Hope someone can help. I have just copied some video files onto my Lumia 620 and for each video I have copied it has created two files on the phone, one has a little thumbnail of the video and the other is just a blank square. What I have found is that I have to leave both of the files on the phone for the video to play back, if I delete the one that doe not have the thumbnail then the other one will not play. Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks,

D

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
No idea if this helps: Syncing from Desktop app to device shows duplicates - Microsoft Community

"A fairly good answer is hidden in the article: you can keep the Xbox music collection sync turned on, but if you go to an album and see duplicate entries, there is a small print "All" above the album cover with the list of songs for that album. Press that "All", and it will it will pop up a choice screen to select "All", "Phone" or "Cloud Collection" to allow you to select to show only what has been downloaded to your phone, only what's in the cloud collection or both combined. I know on flights when I want to listen to music I just turn the Xbox sync setting to "off"."

Latest Amber update fixes Cloud sync issues, so not sure if you can get that/have that?

Dazw

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunatley this is not quite the same thing. My problem is with videos and I can only view All videos, there are no filtering options. Weirdly if I connect the phone to my PC I can only see one file for each video when browsing through Windows Explorer. I have just checked my list of videos this morning and now seem to have 3 copies of the same video, I deleted one off of the phone and now the ones that are left do not play.

Also on a seperate note the same kind of thing seem to be happening with photos, I take a photo and the phone shows a random amount of multiple copies of the same photo. For example, a photo that I took yesterday seems to have a duplicate copy on the phone, but a photo I took a few days ago seems to have 8 copies showing on the phone. Again, if I view the photos folder through Windows Explorer it only shows one file for each photo. Not sure what is going on here.

Thanks,

D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99