"Cortana" isn't just limited to voice interactions" - Tom Warren

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think WIndows Phone's TellMe if I'm not mistaken, the one that's summoned when the Windows button is pressed for long, is one of the very great features of the phone. What I loved about it is it's offline ability, since Siri and Google Now(?) can't work offline. I love it. And with Cortana around the corner, do you people think that it could be used offline? If it could, it could kill everyone in the league, I think.

Even regular TellMe has very limited offline capabilities.

Launching local app and such should still be fine.

Anything more complex than a simple command to laonch an app, send a text, answer or make a call, etc... will need the cloud.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Having a system read my email and anticipate my appointments is more than a bit creepy. How do I know who else can see / track me? I don't need another Mom.
Outlook reminders are good enough for me, although I'm sure these things will be ubiquitous in a decade. Plus, I hate talking to computers. I can just imagine my entire office talking constantly. Bad enough as it is, LOL.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It would be even better if they implement both Cortana's voice and Master Chief's voice for the personal assistant THAT will propel Windows Phone 8 to the next level. I mean Apple nor Google can boast about having, two of THE most high profile game characters on your phones as your very own personal assistant. I can imagine the adverts now.. Siri vs Cortana LOL.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes let's hope they keep the name and it doesn't get re-branded 'Windows Phone Personal Assistant Pro Edition 8.1' or some such thing.
One thing I always hated about MS and loved about apple/android is that MS names its products to obvious.
Apple/google always package it with a nice name (kitkat vs gdr2, although bittersweet shimmer and amber sound good)

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
One thing I always hated about MS and loved about apple/android is that MS names its products to obvious.
Apple/google always package it with a nice name (kitkat vs gdr2, although bittersweet shimmer and amber sound good)

Microsoft usually has pretty good code-names for upcoming products etc, and then they tend to change them to the long-winded boring stuff.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how well it will be, I know many of these vertual assistants in their beginning phase hardly work properly.

I see people becoming a whole lot more lazy with this, first we didn't have to drive to order pizza, we just phone and have it delivered. Now we ask our phone too phone so that we don't have to lift a finger to even pick up that heavy objet called a phone....what kind of explaciant lazy society have we become ?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how well it will be, I know many of these vertual assistants in their beginning phase hardly work properly.

I see people becoming a whole lot more lazy with this, first we didn't have to drive to order pizza, we just phone and have it delivered. Now we ask our phone too phone so that we don't have to lift a finger to even pick up that heavy objet called a phone....what kind of explaciant lazy society have we become ?
Remember, folks!

Laziness drives innovation!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)