why are we still not getting major apps on wp8

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
windows phone 8 is still falling way behind with the building of apps & im getting more and more rejections when i ask for apps to be upgraded or built.

I asked my bank kiwibank.co.nz to consider building a wp8 app they said 0.005% of customers use windows phone so sorry but no we wont build one.

Ive also been asking a New Zealand news agency to upgrade there app and include a live tile. to day fairfax media (stuff.co.nz) sent me this reply

Stuff.co.nz Hi Barry, we apologise for the lack of support and updates on the windows phone, but as adoption for the app on this particular platform has been slow, maintaining the current application is not as feasible as when we first launched. We suggest you check out the mobile site. We'll be monitoring the windows phone adoption closely over the next few months to see if the situation changes.

what do we have to do to get these apps ??/

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
We as WP users need to spread the good word on why we like windows phones and convince people who want a new mobile why it is better. Basically seeking out attention on Twitter with developers is a good idea too. If developers , as mentioned don't see interest and revenue, they wont develop for WP. I still think marketshare is a big concern.

Kadin Lucas

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I know it's not the solution you want, but ASB have a fantastic wp8 app and I have found them to be a very excellent bank (have only ever been with BNZ and ASB though).

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
.005%? Tell them that 15% of the New Zealand market is on Windows Phone, which was just reported here at WPcentral today. That seems like a lot of potential customers they are alienating.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
.005%? Tell them that 15% of the New Zealand market is on Windows Phone, which was just reported here at WPcentral today. That seems like a lot of potential customers they are alienating.

yep just told them, lets see what they say this time round :)

Just posted to Kiwibank facebook page
A few seconds ago near Wellington

its time to build a windows phone app kiwibank,

15% of New Zealander is a lot of potential customers.

if asb can do a good wp8 app why cant you guys

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-15-percent-share-windows-phone-new-zealand
Microsoft boasts 15 percent marketshare in New Zealand, looking to further market products and...
www.wpcentral.com

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that 15% was mentioned on the NZTech Podcast last week as well.

I was blown away, and here i thought i was one of about 4 people in NZ with one, so that was great to hear :)

Neo Nuke

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately , you missed the article where they USAA said they were no longer supporting their WP app. Sorry for the bad news

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I still have not seen one single advert for nokia or windows phone 8 here in NZ, i really love this platform but we are getting left behind, i dont want dumb games or any more social media stuff (snapchat really !!!!) i want banking apps, trading apps, NZ news apps & NZ travel apps.

And to top this off i cant even start to develop my own apps because im running windows 7 on my pc.........WTF

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I still have not seen one single advert for nokia or windows phone 8 here in NZ, i really love this platform but we are getting left behind, i dont want dumb games or any more social media stuff (snapchat really !!!!) i want banking apps, trading apps, NZ news apps & NZ travel apps.

And to top this off i cant even start to develop my own apps because im running windows 7 on my pc.........WTF

You've got the best rugby team in the world....I would gladly start using an iPhone if it meant England would start catching a rugby ball!

Joking aside, progress is being made but it's very slow. I sent a message to my bank not long after getting my 920 about 5-6 months ago to inquire if they had any plans on releasing a WP app. Their reply was blunt and to the point and stated they had no such plans. I decided to send them another message last week in the hope that me mentioning the other banks and other financial institutions who currently have a WP app would change their mind and was pleased to find out that they are currently in the process of rolling out a dedicated WP app.

It takes time to see change and when up against iOS and Android, it's going to be an uphill struggle.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
You've got the best rugby team in the world....I would gladly start using an iPhone if it meant England would start catching a rugby ball!

Joking aside, progress is being made but it's very slow. I sent a message to my bank not long after getting my 920 about 5-6 months ago to inquire if they had any plans on releasing a WP app. Their reply was blunt and to the point and stated they had no such plans. I decided to send them another message last week in the hope that me mentioning the other banks and other financial institutions who currently have a WP app would change their mind and was pleased to find out that they are currently in the process of rolling out a dedicated WP app.

It takes time to see change and when up against iOS and Android, it's going to be an uphill struggle.

But i want it all nooooowwwwww (screamed in a very winey tone)

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

some advertisement might help, im forever seeing iphone, ipad, samsung adroid adds on tv but nothing for windows phone, this might just be a New Zealand thing but it needs to change, also when i bought both of my windows phones 820 & then 920 i had to ask in store as none were displyed they were stored under the counter, how is joe public suposed to buy wp8 when they dont get shown them

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
There was a pretty big advertisement drive in the UK a while ago but it seems to have dried up. Holly Willoughby was the very nice face and chest of WP in the UK but tbh, I haven't seen a WP advert for a long time now. James Corden provided the eye candy for the ladies who must've been busy watching spec savers ads.

It has been a bit flat in the UK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte