Lock screen bing wallpaper not updating

chunky2055

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyone else with the same problem. i have a Lumia 820. when set my lock screen image to bing it always shows same image all the time. i remember it used to work earlier but for some reason not working from some time. Please post if any one has a solution for this issue.

thanks.

Last edited:

Catalin Dan

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't really have a solution, but my Bing background takes about 2-3days to change....maybe it's an internet thing? U got WiFi, or data plan always on?

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

tcube

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem. It seems internet access should be available during the time period which it updates, more like the Store app. One suggestion is to use some third party app to update the bing wallpaper. You'll find many in the Store. I use WeatherFlow. It has worked reliably till now and adds the weather info as an overlay too.

Cindy_H

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
You can force the lock screen image to change by going into settings and selecting a different lock screen, Photos for example, and then selecting Bing again.

Or, try Papercut, available in the Store.

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
first - hold down power and volume down for about 15 sec. this will soft reset your phone (like a battery pull).
second - try to keep your phone powered down overnight, for one or two nights
third - ??
fourth - profit

tcube

May 25, 2013
Visit site
If you are on WiFi then you'll need to keep it charging overnight else the image won't change. Still I believe third party apps will be the best option.

vitkoxy

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Just give it a few days and it will change on its own. You'll have the same image for the first two days, but it will change eventually. You could turn wifi overnight just to be extra certain.

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I did have this problem for a while, and then I downloaded an app called Lock Manager - one of the options is to set the lockscreen as the daily Bing Image, and it has updated EVERY DAY, just past midnight (UK).

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I did have this problem for a while, and then I downloaded an app called Lock Manager - one of the options is to set the lockscreen as the daily Bing Image, and it has updated EVERY DAY, just past midnight (UK).

Hey man thank you very very much because just like clock work after midnight as soon as my search image updated, so did my lockscreen image!!! Thanks again for sharing this as it works and I am in Canada. I use to have Weather Flow but because I already have a live tile on my homescreen I did not want to display the weather on the lockscreen and preferred just to see an image and with this app I no longer need too :) since as of right now it worked perfectly!!!! Thanks again!

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey man thank you very very much because just like clock work after midnight as soon as my search image updated, so did my lockscreen image!!! Thanks again for sharing this as it works and I am in Canada. I use to have Weather Flow but because I already have a live tile on my homescreen I did not want to display the weather on the lockscreen and preferred just to see an image and with this app I no longer need too :) since as of right now it worked perfectly!!!! Thanks again!

Pleasure

chunky2055

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys... i tried to force lock screen to change wallpaper again.... and finally worked. the image changed twice in last 2 days. Will try that Lock manager app too. :)

Navneetgoel124

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyone else with the same problem. i have a Lumia 820. when set my lock screen image to bing it always shows same image all the time. i remember it used to work earlier but for some reason not working from some time. Please post if any one has a solution for this issue.

thanks.

Dude after so much struggling i have found solution to this problem.just go to settings > date+time ..and check SET AUTOMATICALLY..! IT WILL SURELY GONNA CHANGE WALLPAPER NEXT DAY OR WHEN NEW ONE COMES..!!!$_$

ADlive

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this working for you but i had the same problem and i tried to change my phone region to different region and change back.. it working for me though...

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
How about 3rd party apps? For example, I tried using Tumblr as my source of lock screen wallpaper. However, it shows a default wallpaper found on the phone instead. Same for other apps like Twitter, Facebook etc. Bing is working for me though. Really appreciate if there is a fix or something that allows me to use Tumblr for my wallpaper.

cathain

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to bring to this up again but I really like the bing wallpapers and I hate that the standard bing wallpaper feature rarely updates properly.
I've been using papercut as an alternative which is almost perfect but the bing wallpaper used by this app appears to be significantly lower resolution than if you were using the standard bing wallpaper feature on the phone!? It really annoys me. I tried emailing the developer of the app to ask why this happens but haven't got a response. I tested out lock manager as well and it also has lower resolution. A good way to see the difference is if you enable papercut and then take a screenshot of your lock screen and then take a screenshot of the search screen (Has the official bing daily image as well). When comparing them you can really see the difference in quality.

Also the other suggestions in this thread to selecting a photo and then re-selecting bing images only works sometimes. So frustrating :(

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)