Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cindy_H

Is there anyone else with the same problem. i have a Lumia 820. when set my lock screen image to bing it always shows same image all the time. i remember it used to work earlier but for some reason not working from some time. Please post if any one has a solution for this issue.

thanks.
    Last edited by chunky2055; 09-17-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Anyone???

I don't really have a solution, but my Bing background takes about 2-3days to change....maybe it's an internet thing? U got WiFi, or data plan always on?

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Had the same problem. It seems internet access should be available during the time period which it updates, more like the Store app. One suggestion is to use some third party app to update the bing wallpaper. You'll find many in the Store. I use WeatherFlow. It has worked reliably till now and adds the weather info as an overlay too.

Yeah ... i got internet data plan and wifi. wallpaper on bing search always get updated but not on lock screen. :/

thats cool..... but i hope that bing lock screen could work coz those images are real good.

You can force the lock screen image to change by going into settings and selecting a different lock screen, Photos for example, and then selecting Bing again.

Or, try Papercut, available in the Store.
    Thanked by:
    chunky2055 likes this.

Tried doing this but still shows the same image...!! :/

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    first - hold down power and volume down for about 15 sec. this will soft reset your phone (like a battery pull).
    second - try to keep your phone powered down overnight, for one or two nights
    third - ??
    fourth - profit

If you are on WiFi then you'll need to keep it charging overnight else the image won't change. Still I believe third party apps will be the best option.

Just give it a few days and it will change on its own. You'll have the same image for the first two days, but it will change eventually. You could turn wifi overnight just to be extra certain.

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    I use weather flow now and it seems to work faily well although sometimes it still does not change.

I did have this problem for a while, and then I downloaded an app called Lock Manager - one of the options is to set the lockscreen as the daily Bing Image, and it has updated EVERY DAY, just past midnight (UK).
    UK Lumia 620 since Feb '13

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DWilD93 View Post
    I did have this problem for a while, and then I downloaded an app called Lock Manager - one of the options is to set the lockscreen as the daily Bing Image, and it has updated EVERY DAY, just past midnight (UK).
    Hey man thank you very very much because just like clock work after midnight as soon as my search image updated, so did my lockscreen image!!! Thanks again for sharing this as it works and I am in Canada. I use to have Weather Flow but because I already have a live tile on my homescreen I did not want to display the weather on the lockscreen and preferred just to see an image and with this app I no longer need too :) since as of right now it worked perfectly!!!! Thanks again!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ferazzz1985 View Post
    Hey man thank you very very much because just like clock work after midnight as soon as my search image updated, so did my lockscreen image!!! Thanks again for sharing this as it works and I am in Canada. I use to have Weather Flow but because I already have a live tile on my homescreen I did not want to display the weather on the lockscreen and preferred just to see an image and with this app I no longer need too :) since as of right now it worked perfectly!!!! Thanks again!
    Pleasure
    UK Lumia 620 since Feb '13

Thanks for the help guys... i tried to force lock screen to change wallpaper again.... and finally worked. the image changed twice in last 2 days. Will try that Lock manager app too. :)

Quote Originally Posted by chunky2055 View Post
    Is there anyone else with the same problem. i have a Lumia 820. when set my lock screen image to bing it always shows same image all the time. i remember it used to work earlier but for some reason not working from some time. Please post if any one has a solution for this issue.

thanks.
    Dude after so much struggling i have found solution to this problem.just go to settings > date+time ..and check SET AUTOMATICALLY..! IT WILL SURELY GONNA CHANGE WALLPAPER NEXT DAY OR WHEN NEW ONE COMES..!!!$_$

I'm not sure if this working for you but i had the same problem and i tried to change my phone region to different region and change back.. it working for me though...

How about 3rd party apps? For example, I tried using Tumblr as my source of lock screen wallpaper. However, it shows a default wallpaper found on the phone instead. Same for other apps like Twitter, Facebook etc. Bing is working for me though. Really appreciate if there is a fix or something that allows me to use Tumblr for my wallpaper.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Sorry to bring to this up again but I really like the bing wallpapers and I hate that the standard bing wallpaper feature rarely updates properly.
    I've been using papercut as an alternative which is almost perfect but the bing wallpaper used by this app appears to be significantly lower resolution than if you were using the standard bing wallpaper feature on the phone!? It really annoys me. I tried emailing the developer of the app to ask why this happens but haven't got a response. I tested out lock manager as well and it also has lower resolution. A good way to see the difference is if you enable papercut and then take a screenshot of your lock screen and then take a screenshot of the search screen (Has the official bing daily image as well). When comparing them you can really see the difference in quality.

Also the other suggestions in this thread to selecting a photo and then re-selecting bing images only works sometimes. So frustrating :(
    Last edited by cathain; 03-12-2014 at 06:54 AM.

PIN
    No
    There's quite a few apps these days that allow the display of the Bing wallpaper with other information. One I tried recently was Amazing Weather, which gives me the daily Bing wallpaper along with the weather summary.

As far as I remember, the stock Bing wallpaper option depends on there being network connectivity at a certain point overnight. If there's no connectivity, it'll try again 24 hours later. Maybe setting Wifi options so that it persists under the lock screen may help.

Lumia 1520 | Surface 3 Pro | Xbox One | Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by o Aperture o View Post
    There's quite a few apps these days that allow the display of the Bing wallpaper with other information. One I tried recently was Amazing Weather, which gives me the daily Bing wallpaper along with the weather summary.

As far as I remember, the stock Bing wallpaper option depends on there being network connectivity at a certain point overnight. If there's no connectivity, it'll try again 24 hours later. Maybe setting Wifi options so that it persists under the lock screen may help.
    Whenever I switch on WiFi on 820 the bing lockscreen updates automatically..!!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD