Windows Phone 8 Is getting boring .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys you may probably hate me with this but I think windows phone (as a whole) is quite boring already especially with the apps now don't get me wrong there are a lot of great 3rd party applications available on the store. (like 6tag and others.) but you know it's much greater if the real app will come to the platform. One more I mean the design of windows phone is really cool and refreshing but the apps UI is just all the same with Microsoft is stating as Modern UI or the Panoramic UI but there are no depth on its design sure it is really cool but there is such a point of time that its kinda meh already ......

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Then sell it get android, get apps/OS with not consistent UI = problem solved.

advice? well, maybe you should get a new hobby instead of just staring at your phone all day thinking the UI is getting boring... you know, use the phone in a more useful way.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys you may probably hate me with this but I think windows phone (as a whole) is quite boring already especially with the apps now don't get me wrong there are a lot of great 3rd party applications available on the store. (like 6tag and others.) but you know it's much greater if the real app will come to the platform. One more I mean the design of windows phone is really cool and refreshing but the apps UI is just all the same with Microsoft is stating as Modern UI or the Panoramic UI but there are no depth on its design sure it is really cool but there is such a point of time that its kinda meh already ......

I kinda agree, but then I look at iOS and it looks so stale, and then I look at android and I get confused with all the repetitive information and so many submenus and settings and modifications, and then I look at windows phone and figure it's still the best option. I don't think any of the 3 are perfect

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry too much about it. It's most likely just a phase. Most of us probably have our little quirks. Just keep on using it. I agree above that none of the os are perfect. At least you pointed out things like apps, ui and all. I know someone in another platform group complain that his phone isn't being restocked anymore in the store so he feels annoyed

sent from within the depths of my brain

aquimosa

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It's get boring if you tried ios and android but the common apps that we usually use are available in all platforms but unfortunately windows is the last to get the grace or not at all. What gets me so bored with lumias was that tje apps was limited and also the memory capacity, i guess nokia choose this path so the consumer will not totally feel if nokia allow us to use most of the phone storage but few apps to store on it. This is the limitations i am looking forward for nokia to fix, what's the use of having a 64gb of movies that needs to be converted due to lack of native capable player, music and pictures is not enough, if apps can be installed, more apps can be put in.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Like someone else said, its getting boring much like anything else...hence why people root their android phones constantly or jailbreak their iOS devices. We are very spoiled these days, its extremely hard to keep this newer generation pleased.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Boring ??? UI is not at all boring and I'm glad MS is bringing more and more new addition and openness in that aspect. I use Nexus 4 and imo wp apps look very beautiful than android. Yes they lack some support but they attracts me always. You should see UI of earlier versions of android. Fugly as hell.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you haven't found all the cool things it can do you? Or, maybe you feel like I felt when I first started using WP at launch. All the data was so easy to see that I found I had extra time on my hands instead of navagating the iPhone to get the same data. Maybe boring is actually time savings...

john_v

Oct 15, 2006
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I should start out by saying that my wife accuses me of having SmartPhone ADD (SpADD). In the past 2.5 years I've used BlackBerry, iOS (on an iphone 5), Android (Gingerbread, ICS, and Jelly Bean; devices included Galaxy S, GS3, and Note 2 among others), WP7.5 (HTC Radar), and now WP8 (Lumia 920). No, I'm not rich, just do a lot of trading here on the Mobile Nations network and on Craigslist.

Deep down, I'm a BlackBerry guy. I know it sounds crazy these days. In fact, I'm surprised more "hipsters" don't use BlackBerry now, seeing as it's not 'cool' :) Personally I hate to see them going down the tubes. What always drew me to BB was the 'business/work orientation' of the platform. (no, I'm not a 'tools not toys' nut either) Email, calendar, tasks, and word/excel are the things I primarily use my phone for. And I'm finding that my Lumia is the BB replacement (for me, your mileage may vary).

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post...it's too late for me, and my brain is fried! What I'm trying to say, is if you haven't had WP8 very long, and you're already bored, you'll probably be bored with the next platform (unless theres some killer app/feature you're looking for). Find the platform that works best for you and stick with it, no matter what people say. Even if they laugh at you...who cares? :)

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Boring is a very subjective word. I like wp8 a lot. I think the tiles make information readily available in a way that ios cannot match. Android widgets can be roughly comparable...

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I think WP is getting a little stale...but for its about which OS is going to help me be the most productive through my day. And WP is still my top pick. I happen to like the new iOS 7 (reminds me WP) ...but android is so inconsistent in its design is very annoying. For me, I need something that has a certain level of customization, is productive, is fluid, and has a consistent design all across the bored. IMO, WP still does it for me. Although Microsoft really needs to step it up with these updates.

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Then sell it get android, get apps/OS with not consistent UI = problem solved.

advice? well, maybe you should get a new hobby instead of just staring at your phone all day thinking the UI is getting boring... you know, use the phone in a more useful way.

This one is right. Two Thumbsup for this one. :)

Anyway, as she said there. Use the phone in a more useful way, not by just looking/staring at it all day. You'll never appreciate one thing without using it in various kinds of way. There are a lot of ways to use your phone. Just , try to discover it.

MERCDROID

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
No offense, OP, but I have to second what Emi and mrllano said: Get a life. It sounds like you're letting your phone consume too much of your life. Anything can get boring, if you use it too much. Get a hobby, get a girlfriend, go outside and throw a football; and let Microsoft worry about the future of its platform, which is doing nothing but expanding. As the updates come, the platform will get better and more and more interesting apps will come. Take care, brother :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99