BBM for windows phone 8 ??

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Instead of saying Blackberry is dying, Say they are growing. The news says there dying but there coming up just like Windows, there both coming up. Blackberry and Windows users look to get stuff done, not play games on my Iphone or Android device. They need to work together to overcome the Sheep that's with IOS and Android. BB and Windows is great systems, That's why i use them. BBM needs to have exclusive things for BB and Windows. Team work helps in the long run.

I don't think many of your fellow BB users feel as positive as you do about WP. Looking at the Crackberry forums many take jabs at WP whenever they can, while at the same time moaning and groaning about how Google and Apple are evil.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It probably won't happen, and not to sound pessimistic, but BB looks like they're about to go out of business. Apparently, there stocks have tanked and they just cut something like 4500 jobs and have a net operating loss of almost a billion dollars. Sure, they've been around for a while and probably do have a decent amount of savings but I can't imagine they are going to be in business for too much longer with this kind of thing going on.

I wouldn't worry about BBM either. Unfortunately, even if it is a better product than Whatsapp, for example (I don't use either so I don't know), these kind of things are about the network. I have 0 friends that use BBM, and I know 1 guys that has one. Sure, the z10 is a nice phone and I like the OS, but I can't imagine putting BBM on iOS or android is going to save them. At least MS is smart for example, do you want office on a tablet?, then you have to buy a windows tablet. Its one of the major selling points of the platform. From what I just saw, BB just gave away on of their best selling points of going with a BB anyways...

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think instead of dismissing it because it doesn't work for you, be hopeful that it comes in time with the high interest that it seems to be garnering. No, I won't use BBM but I'm sure others would like to have it. Having options is NEVER a bad thing

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
1.1 Million "active" in the first 8 hours, without even launching the app. Yeah right. Dead. I know.

BBM, is, was and will remain the father of Messaging services. What'sApp, Line have all built on it. The core was and is BBM. I would like to see BBM on WP not because "I love it" and "You hate it", or "You love it but I hate it". But because we ALL love WP.
Can you imagine what kind of user base it can bring in? If on Android, 1.1 MILLION users got hold of a leaked app and activated it within 8 hours, just imagine if news leaked that even WP is working on one BBM App?

Sales will go up like this *snaps finger*!

In the end, people will have one less reason to complain about.

PS: I have hated BBM as much as you have (if you have). But BBM has a legacy attached with it, which sadly none of the existing options do.

If the forum rules allow me, I want to guide you to my blog: techtrove.wordpress.com. It covers all this and more.

Mods/Admins: I am NOT promoting my blog. I had just covered the topic in discussion hence the link.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
1.1 Million "active" in the first 8 hours, without even launching the app. Yeah right. Dead. I know.

BBM, is, was and will remain the father of Messaging services. What'sApp, Line have all built on it. The core was and is BBM. I would like to see BBM on WP not because "I love it" and "You hate it", or "You love it but I hate it". But because we ALL love WP.
Can you imagine what kind of user base it can bring in? If on Android, 1.1 MILLION users got hold of a leaked app and activated it within 8 hours, just imagine if news leaked that even WP is working on one BBM App?

Sales will go up like this *snaps finger*!

In the end, people will have one less reason to complain about.

PS: I have hated BBM as much as you have (if you have). But BBM has a legacy attached with it, which sadly none of the existing options do.

If the forum rules allow me, I want to guide you to my blog: techtrove.wordpress.com. It covers all this and more.

Mods/Admins: I am NOT promoting my blog. I had just covered the topic in discussion hence the link.

Man, I've had BBM for a year, was using Bold 3. No doubt it was the best thing back then until whatsapp came.
As for BBM is the father, the father is getting old, sick, looks pale and needs too much care to come out and play with his grand children.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Man, I've had BBM for a year, was using Bold 3. No doubt it was the best thing back then until whatsapp came.
As for BBM is the father, the father is getting old, sick, looks pale and needs too much care to come out and play with his grand children.

LOL! I completely buy it, and might I add, father should also retire. But, BUT here's the catch. Encryption. You know one of the things I love the most about WP is security. And that is BBM's home ground. So, even though there are countless options available, the security, I bet it top notch.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL! I completely buy it, and might I add, father should also retire. But, BUT here's the catch. Encryption. You know one of the things I love the most about WP is security. And that is BBM's home ground. So, even though there are countless options available, the security, I bet it top notch.

Yep, had read some news about UK riots, people used BBM to cause riots and escape police :D.

So I can say, BBM is a good thing for eh, I think you already know ;)

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
guys guys guys , im not saying that im dying to get bbm. it is a normal app and whatsapp is way better im assuming. All what im saying is that BBM is a very very very big name to be in the market. I dont care if blackberry is dying or suffocating. My concept is "if apple and google gets an app, so should microsoft" Its THAT simple. But dont try to lie to yourselves and say that you dont need it and "grow up" . NO , YOU DO NEED IT. All of us put everything into windows phone, the least that they could do is provide us with apps and games as soon as android and IOS get them.
And for your information, microsoft CAN do something. the decision isnt in blackberry's hand solely you know. Microsoft can do its part and pressurize blackberry into making an app for wp8

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
guys guys guys , im not saying that im dying to get bbm. it is a normal app and whatsapp is way better im assuming. All what im saying is that BBM is a very very very big name to be in the market. I dont care if blackberry is dying or suffocating. My concept is "if apple and google gets an app, so should microsoft" Its THAT simple. But dont try to lie to yourselves and say that you dont need it and "grow up" . NO , YOU DO NEED IT. All of us put everything into windows phone, the least that they could do is provide us with apps and games as soon as android and IOS get them.
And for your information, microsoft CAN do something. the decision isnt in blackberry's hand solely you know. Microsoft can do its part and pressurize blackberry into making an app for wp8

Sigh, we have 1,00,000+ apps in the wp market that are possibly on Android and Ios too, doesn't mean we have to install them all on our devices?

Really?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Sigh, we have 1,00,000+ apps in the wp market that are possibly on Android and Ios too, doesn't mean we have to install them all on our devices?

Really?

I have to disagree. He has a point. It was the same point I made, we NEED apps not for you or me, but to get people on board. And his question is as simple as it can be. If "iOS and Android can, why can't we?" Fair enough I say..

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Everyone uses Whatsapp or iMessage these days.

Yep, I've seen people using a BB but using Whatsapp more than BBM, for a simple reason.
There are more androids, iphones and wp devices than BB.

BB users do need Whatsapp, no exception.
But non BB users needing BBM, bah.

shilpa0592

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
But now bbm has become cross platform. I think people will start using it a lot more.
Between bbm and WhatsApp, bbm is the better app.
And in countries like India, people are very excited about bbm. Till now, wp has been doing very well in India, now unavailability of bbm could change that.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
But now bbm has become cross platform. I think people will start using it a lot more.
And in countries like India, people are very excited about bbm. Till now, wp has been doing very well in India, now unavailability of bbm could change that.

Only time will tell the tale ;)

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

LOL, bbm is dead in India, Whatsapp has effectively killed bbm, whatsapp is available on Android, ios, WP7, WP8, Symbian and even Nokia Asha S40, there is no way bbm can compete at this level.

umangparikh

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
i feel this is just a phase. Everyone wants a bit of the new chocolate once they realize its the same no one cares. What i really disliked is Blackberry treated WP as a outcast. No BBM for WP8. I am not sure if i going to use BBM but i still want it to be available for me on my WP. It feels embarrassing to be missing out.

I know many would agree with me.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
BBM came about because texting in early mid 2000's was expensive, and most business phones had 2g and edge data for 15-30 dollars a month, it was slow, so you couldn't do much with it, but messages came through good, and BB provided a messaging portal on their servers (because, you know, EVERYTHING went through their servers). You could tie your BBM username to the BES server and it was smooth, for internal business. Now everyone has unlimited texts and data is provided better by directly connecting to services. So you can pull up your exchange GAL directly and text someone directly, with out needing BBM to be the middle man.

Skype, and all the other messaging services so the same thing with out having to rely on the crappy bb infrastructure, or you can text directly, it was neat when it was new, but they never updated with the times and it's dead now.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
BBM came about because texting in early mid 2000's was expensive, and most business phones had 2g and edge data for 15-30 dollars a month, it was slow, so you couldn't do much with it, but messages came through good, and BB provided a messaging portal on their servers (because, you know, EVERYTHING went through their servers). You could tie your BBM username to the BES server and it was smooth, for internal business. Now everyone has unlimited texts and data is provided better by directly connecting to services. So you can pull up your exchange GAL directly and text someone directly, with out needing BBM to be the middle man.

Skype, and all the other messaging services so the same thing with out having to rely on the crappy bb infrastructure, or you can text directly, it was neat when it was new, but they never updated with the times and it's dead now.

And none of the alternatives, aside from iMessage on iDevices, is as encrypted as BBM.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
BBM for Android does not work so well, cant even open the app...there are several developers that have published the BBM app for Android. Not sure if its cheap copy cats or the official thing...but its terrible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077