Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    seriously guys,
    this is microsoft's chance to catch up with google and apple. FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE (GDR3, blue, lumia 1520, tablets) and get BBM to windows phone 8 by the end of the next week. PLEASE im begging you
    X0LARIUM and sarah 88 like this.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I agree Microsoft need to start pushing apps to the limit thats what attracts everyone.
    When people know about Windows Phone not having official apps such as Snapchat, Instagram and Vine. Then it puts ALOT of people of.
    Thanked by:
    Williams_810 and sarah 88 like this.

We all want BBM for WP.... you forced us to change to ios or androied plz we want BBM plllllz

Quote Originally Posted by sarah 88 View Post
    We all want BBM for WP.... you forced us to change to ios or androied plz we want BBM plllllz
    Windows can never "force" someone to switch over... Lol
    Banned

No. Grow up and just viber, whatsapp, etc.

Bb is dying.

We all want?

I have zero want or use for BBM on any phone.
    N_LaRUE likes this.

I don't want it, and I don't need it. I'm not part of "we all want"

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

BBM is not going to survive on Blackberry's let alone other platforms. Releasing it for other platforms is so desperate it is not even a hail mary.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    It doesn't matter who wants it and who doesn't. If the other os' can support bbm, wp should too. Users can decide for themselves if they want to download it or not.
    The lack of many popular apps and games is what hinders people from using wp.
    Thanked by:
    Azurus 
    Ranak Mann likes this.

Don't know anyone other than BB users that still use BBM so I don't see the big fuss about it.

Either way the ball is in Blackberry's court to develop an app for WP so people should direct their words to BlackBerry, not Microsoft. With Blackberry pretty much conceding third place we might see an app eventually.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Why on earth would you use that pice of ***** bbm??? When you have facebook chat, whatsapp,viber...

Global Posts
    4,824 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by mariusmuntean View Post
    Why on earth would you use that pice of ***** bbm??? When you have facebook chat, whatsapp,viber...
    It's a massive possibility that a lot of your friends use it, and at the same time, you're sympathetic to BB, so you'll try it.

Last time I cchecked there were one million active downloads of the unofficial leaked version of BBM for Android.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?
    X0LARIUM and Ranak Mann like this.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Surely, it is for Blackberry Ltd. to determine whether BBM comes to WP, not Microsoft. Unless, of course, Microsoft decide to acquire the discounted Blackberry Ltd.

I'm not convinced that there is enough value in BBM alone to justify such an acquisition.
    Ambassador

It will in time, BB has lost it and is going nuts with making BBM available to all, I mean why would anyone stay on BB now?
    I had a crazy message today,

"I spent $400 for the phone
    $10 every month for the BBM Plan

What do I get in return?

I chewed up ice-cream"

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

If BBM eventually comes to WP, good for them, good for us.

I personally have no need for BBM. Why would I want to send messages through BBM rather than text (SMS). Everyone I know has unlimited texting now (I've had it since 2006).
    Ranak Mann likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcivor88 View Post
    No. Grow up and just viber, whatsapp, etc.

Bb is dying.
    Yes, use inferior products because you "grow up".

That makes perfect sense.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Instead of saying Blackberry is dying, Say they are growing. The news says there dying but there coming up just like Windows, there both coming up. Blackberry and Windows users look to get stuff done, not play games on my Iphone or Android device. They need to work together to overcome the Sheep that's with IOS and Android. BB and Windows is great systems, That's why i use them. BBM needs to have exclusive things for BB and Windows. Team work helps in the long run.
    Banned

Nope, blackberry is just atrocious.
    WasteSomeTime and Etios like this.

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Black berry is worth less. I only know one person that has one. Its a z10, he gave me a tour and started doing some gestures. The first thing I though was, who is going to learn this just to get business done. Every other OS is straight forward.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BB fan forever View Post
    Instead of saying Blackberry is dying, Say they are growing. The news says there dying but there coming up just like Windows, there both coming up. Blackberry and Windows users look to get stuff done, not play games on my Iphone or Android device. They need to work together to overcome the Sheep that's with IOS and Android. BB and Windows is great systems, That's why i use them. BBM needs to have exclusive things for BB and Windows. Team work helps in the long run.
    I don't think many of your fellow BB users feel as positive as you do about WP. Looking at the Crackberry forums many take jabs at WP whenever they can, while at the same time moaning and groaning about how Google and Apple are evil.
    Thanked by:
    Etios and MERCDROID like this.
    It probably won't happen, and not to sound pessimistic, but BB looks like they're about to go out of business. Apparently, there stocks have tanked and they just cut something like 4500 jobs and have a net operating loss of almost a billion dollars. Sure, they've been around for a while and probably do have a decent amount of savings but I can't imagine they are going to be in business for too much longer with this kind of thing going on.

I wouldn't worry about BBM either. Unfortunately, even if it is a better product than Whatsapp, for example (I don't use either so I don't know), these kind of things are about the network. I have 0 friends that use BBM, and I know 1 guys that has one. Sure, the z10 is a nice phone and I like the OS, but I can't imagine putting BBM on iOS or android is going to save them. At least MS is smart for example, do you want office on a tablet?, then you have to buy a windows tablet. Its one of the major selling points of the platform. From what I just saw, BB just gave away on of their best selling points of going with a BB anyways...

Global Posts
    2,806 Global Posts
    I think instead of dismissing it because it doesn't work for you, be hopeful that it comes in time with the high interest that it seems to be garnering. No, I won't use BBM but I'm sure others would like to have it. Having options is NEVER a bad thing
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

shilpa0592 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,764 Global Posts
    1.1 Million "active" in the first 8 hours, without even launching the app. Yeah right. Dead. I know.

BBM, is, was and will remain the father of Messaging services. What'sApp, Line have all built on it. The core was and is BBM. I would like to see BBM on WP not because "I love it" and "You hate it", or "You love it but I hate it". But because we ALL love WP.
    Can you imagine what kind of user base it can bring in? If on Android, 1.1 MILLION users got hold of a leaked app and activated it within 8 hours, just imagine if news leaked that even WP is working on one BBM App?

Sales will go up like this *snaps finger*!

In the end, people will have one less reason to complain about.

PS: I have hated BBM as much as you have (if you have). But BBM has a legacy attached with it, which sadly none of the existing options do.

If the forum rules allow me, I want to guide you to my blog: techtrove.wordpress.com. It covers all this and more.

Mods/Admins: I am NOT promoting my blog. I had just covered the topic in discussion hence the link.
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by XENOPHOS View Post
    1.1 Million "active" in the first 8 hours, without even launching the app. Yeah right. Dead. I know.

BBM, is, was and will remain the father of Messaging services. What'sApp, Line have all built on it. The core was and is BBM. I would like to see BBM on WP not because "I love it" and "You hate it", or "You love it but I hate it". But because we ALL love WP.
    Can you imagine what kind of user base it can bring in? If on Android, 1.1 MILLION users got hold of a leaked app and activated it within 8 hours, just imagine if news leaked that even WP is working on one BBM App?

Sales will go up like this *snaps finger*!

In the end, people will have one less reason to complain about.

PS: I have hated BBM as much as you have (if you have). But BBM has a legacy attached with it, which sadly none of the existing options do.

If the forum rules allow me, I want to guide you to my blog: techtrove.wordpress.com. It covers all this and more.

Mods/Admins: I am NOT promoting my blog. I had just covered the topic in discussion hence the link.
    Man, I've had BBM for a year, was using Bold 3. No doubt it was the best thing back then until whatsapp came.
    As for BBM is the father, the father is getting old, sick, looks pale and needs too much care to come out and play with his grand children.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    X0LARIUM and Etios like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast