- 09-22-2013, 01:08 PM #1
Ok so here is my issue, Its not an issue with my phone more with my network O2 as I have the same issue on Android devices. My lumia 620 or any phone even though on an H+ network it often only see's it as E, To get it to swtich to H+ often involves restarting the phone, scanning and it can be a real task. On Android there is a hidden menu where I can select WCDMA only and this fixes the problem totally. Is there anyway to select 3G only on WP8?
09-22-2013, 09:00 PM #5
- 130 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
As far as I know, it is.. I have a Samsung ATIV S Neo on Sprint (in the US) and can freely switch between 'global mode', 'LTE/CDMA' (Sprint 3G/4G LTE), 'LTE, GSM or UMTS' and lastly, 'CDMA' only (Sprint 3G). I keep CDMA (3G only) on right now since Sprint's LTE is only starting to pop up around me. If I kept CDMA/LTE on, it would drain battery faster since it'd lock onto a weak LTE signal most of the time.
- 09-22-2013, 09:16 PM #6
Carrier branded phone has specific behavior that carrier wants. For example, AT&T phones typically don't have any possibility of selecting any specific mode. Unbranded phones have more choices.
- By John Balacano in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 32Last Post: 09-24-2013, 12:15 PM
- By Blackwood504 in forum Microsoft News & RumorsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-22-2013, 04:55 PM
- By Rygor in forum Nokia Lumia 521Replies: 3Last Post: 09-22-2013, 04:02 PM
- By sairatna in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 7Last Post: 09-22-2013, 02:17 PM
- By Gh0s7 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 09-22-2013, 02:15 PM