Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello guys i recently used that proxy method to install Samsung's App folder and Nokia Pro Cam on my Lumia 520. Is it possible to install 1gb RAM games like this? I havent tried it because file size of games are too large to test. as anyone tested it yet?

Update: Yes we can install 1gb ram games!

Games tested and working : Gun Bros ( will upload video soon)

Games to be tested: Nova3, fifa13, amazing spider-man, etc etc DO COMMENT BELOW IF YOU HAVE ANY REQUESTS
    Last edited by gautam12; 09-23-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Bump!

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    it is very much possible.

Global Posts
    1,764 Global Posts
    I think u can...

Can you guys try? Have u ever tried? Because i get an error 805a0258

I get different errors

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Its possible to some extent. I installed gun bros using this, but failed to install sims freeplay.

Quote Originally Posted by xumit View Post
    Its possible to some extent. I installed gun bros using this, but failed to install sims freeplay.
    So did it run lagfree? and on which device? U get errors as i do in other games?i only tried fifa13

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    It ran lagfree on lumia 520. Did it without errors. Also i read that we can only install wp7 apps n games. So anything latest wont work.

You should give it try so that everyone can know which games work.

Quote Originally Posted by xumit View Post
    It ran lagfree on lumia 520. Did it without errors. Also i read that we can only install wp7 apps n games. So anything latest wont work.
    You should give it try so that everyone can know which games work.
    Hmm... I'm on it. Will be updating as soon as i test games. Till now Fifa 13 is confirmed that it doesnt work. Will test mostly all games and update

Okay guys tried almost all games...here's a conclusion! You can install only those games which are availlable for free on wp7 and wp8 but is isn't available for your phone. Eg: Gun Bros. Even the paid games u can't even try them

Somebody tell the procedure hw to do that

Gun Bros is working perfectly and i'm downloading the amazing spiderman will take about 3 hours. Sorry for slow speed its INDIA! will create a full tutorial if this also works

Quote Originally Posted by gautam12 View Post
    Gun Bros is working perfectly and i'm downloading the amazing spiderman will take about 3 hours. Sorry for slow speed its INDIA! will create a full tutorial if this also works
    tel the procedure bro

Amazing Spiderman doesn't work. I tried installation, in the final stages it shows some error.
    For the record on L620

Yes it gets an error. Just tried! So i think only those games can b installed which are on both Wp7 and wp8! I guess the number of games are very limited which have 1gb ram req and are on both OS.

Can you still tell us the tutorial?

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts
    Yes it gets an error. Just tried! So i think only those games can b installed which are on both Wp7 and wp8! I guess the number of games are very limited which have 1gb ram req and are on both OS.
    please give us tutorial bro...
    connect to a wifi and turn on the proxy and type 117.135.139.117 in server and 8888 in port that's all.....
    Banned

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    procedure,plz??I would very much like to do that :)

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashish Kakade05 View Post
    connect to a wifi and turn on the proxy and type 117.135.139.117 in server and 8888 in port that's all.....
    bro is gun bros removed from store when I search for it. It says the app is no longer published.

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts
    I think its of no use now as gun bros has been removed from the store.

just use the normal proxy procedure used for install nokia camera, you can install *some* 1gb limited app too.
    Like gautam12 said you can install only 1gb limited app that exists in the WP7 market, or you will have an error in some point of the procedure. I wasted LOT of time trying to install Real Racing 2 on a Lumia 720 (512mb) and it's totally impossible. Well, not totally impossible, i installed a Real Racing 2 version with hacked manifest file (you need developer unlock on your phone) and it works well, just a little low framerate but totally playable, never crashed.

I hated so much this limit, 512mb phone can handle some 1gb limited app and i loved playing Real Racing 2 or swapping my friends faces with Face Swap (another limited app) on my lumia 720, but install procedure can take lot of time if you're unlucky (lot of tries!) and i don't like to install hacked app on my phone.
    So.. i solved selling my Lumia 720 and buying a Lumia 925, a little drastic i know! :P
    Banned

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderPD View Post
    just use the normal proxy procedure used for install nokia camera, you can install *some* 1gb limited app too.
    Like gautam12 said you can install only 1gb limited app that exists in the WP7 market, or you will have an error in some point of the procedure. I wasted LOT of time trying to install Real Racing 2 on a Lumia 720 (512mb) and it's totally impossible. Well, not totally impossible, i installed a Real Racing 2 version with hacked manifest file (you need developer unlock on your phone) and it works well, just a little low framerate but totally playable, never crashed.

I hated so much this limit, 512mb phone can handle some 1gb limited app and i loved playing Real Racing 2 or swapping my friends faces with Face Swap (another limited app) on my lumia 720, but install procedure can take lot of time if you're unlucky (lot of tries!) and i don't like to install hacked app on my phone.
    So.. i solved selling my Lumia 720 and buying a Lumia 925, a little drastic i know! :P
    Can you somehow give a list of 1GB ram games that work on 512mb ram?(NL 620)
    what is manifest file???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast