HTC 8X- Microsoft Account Sync- Similar Issue- But Diffierent

JB8User

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I apologize up front if this has been answered already. I've spent 2 day pouring over similar threads to see if anyone has already resolved the matter. However, I've been unable to find a thread that correctly fits the problem I'm having.

I've recently had to warranty out my HTC 8X because the original phone was having issues. Not sending SMS, not staying connected to 4G and not being able to use anything that required data.

My replacement arrived and I restored my phone using ,apps, contacts, setting, sms , etc. It worked flawlessly, everything that was suppose to be there was there. However, that phone turned out to be a dud and now I have my 3rd phone (second replacement). Using the same steps I restored my phone during the set up of the device. Now I am getting this error code and have been from the moment I set up the device....

I'm getting the error code 86000c09 --- we're having problems connecting to blu-m.hotmail.com ..... but is it slowly syncing my information over time before it gives up tryign to maintain its connection. The problem purists whether it's on WiFi or cellular data.

Now almost everything is back on the phone. Contacts email, calendar etc. My SMS history is still behind. 3 days ago it was still trying to restore message from February, today I'm up to August. Every time it tries to sync it seems as though it receives a little bit more of the information during the process, but then at some point it stops and the error code returns. It seems odd to me that it connects and does sync some data before giving up.

I've read all the threads I could finds on the matter. I've checked server at stutus.live.com and everything is showing good there that I can tell. I went to the windows phone site and the account page showed that I still had 2 of the same phone listed there and deleted both of them so as to not have any conflicts. I also tried changing my account passward and turning on two step verification (which failed to improve the problem, but didn't hinder it eiter). I've also reset this phone twice and started from scratch. My friend's HTC 8X on the same carrier is showing the server as col-m.hotmail.com (which I have no idea why and it works for him), so I tried that and the phone set the server back to bul-m.hotmail.com

Frankly I'm running out of ideas and I'm not sure what else to do. I didn't have this problem when I restored my phone to the first replacement device I received. I just input the information, sat the phone down and 30 or 45 minutes later everything was there and it was purring like a kitten until that phone died. Now at the rate that this device is slowly restoring my SMS history, it is very likely I will have it all back within another day or two. However, is this sync problem going to purist? Good question. I'm wondering if there is something else to be done about the matter that I haven't already pursued or should I try and warranty out this device again.

any ideas? Thanks for the help ahead of time!!!

caesar500

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my Lumia 1020. I had to factory reset it, because of performance issues and now my account will not sync properly. I talked to chat earlier and the rep also suggested 2-step verification, which did not work. In fact, I want to remove it because of the hassle. I am waiting on the online chat person now. Hopefully, the person can fix it this time so I can pass the info along. It extremely frustrating not having my text messages restore properly.

caesar500

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, changing to the URL didn't work. I deleted everything, made a minimal backup and didn't restore anything after a hard reset. Over the next few days all of my old texts re-appeared. Bizarre.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon