Newbie Questions.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Finally jumped from WebOS to Windows phone. I'm missing a lot of things about the old Pre (there's a patch for that), but love the Windows interface. Is there no way to set the email app to "manual" sync? I prefer to check email on the outlook.com mobile set rather than downloading to my phone. Daily seems to be the least often I can do it. Also, when it does download it to my phone, I would like to delete from the outlook.com server at the same time I delete from my phone. Haven't found a way to do that either.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine (Lumia 925) has various intervals, from "as they arrive" to daily. But I can't seem to find a manual option. Oddly, now my email tile is completely missing from my home screen, and it's not in the list of apps either.

Edit: Found the Outlook tile in my apps list, but it's not letting me pin. Holding down brings up the pin option, but it's grayed out.

emagius

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
If you have particular email accounts and/or a unified inbox, the icon for the Outlook tile on your homescreen may change. So it may already be there and pinned, just different in appearance from what you expect.

If you turn on battery saver, most apps (including email) will switch to manual sync. Alternatively, there should be a "Download new content" dropdown in your Outlook Settings (Settings->email + accounts->Outlook) from which you can select "as items arrive", "every 15 minutes", ..., "manually".

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Rebooted the phone and found the tile at the bottom. I've only got one account set up on my phone currently. My dropdown menu has "as items arrive", every 15 minutes, every 30 minutes, hourly, and daily. No manually. This will be a dealbreaker if I can't get it fixed.

Update: I added a Time Warner account, and that one does give me the option of manual sync. The Outlook account is the only one that doesn't. Weird and irritating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12