They messed up OneNote on wp8😞

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
This is so sad. This is my first time using wp8. Upgrade from wp7.x
Two things;
why did they separate OneNote from Microsoft office?
Why can't I pin a notebook?
instead I have to pin a page from a tab? I want the whole notebook pinned or at least a tab.
This is like pinning a section from a page of a book, instead of the whole page or the whole notebook. Ridiculous.
Pls tell me there's a fix.
I'm also using a Lumia 521.

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What are you talking about? OneNote on WP8 is AMAZING and miles better than what it was on WP7.x.

They removed it from the Office to make it faster to access. Not sure why they removed the ability to pin notebooks, but probably due to the fact that it now remembers the last notebook you were in. I remember reading they are adding that pin feature back though.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have at least 5 notebooks on my OneNote for 5 subject classes, and one medical notes for a self-study note.
I need to be able to pin individually on start screen for easy access. This makes me sad :(

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
There is a kind of workaround as @banjo7766 said on answers.microsoft:

"To get around this, I just created a new note called "Notebooks" thats pinned to my start page (WP8) and added all my notebooks (and sections) to that via links under headings."

You can read his whole post here.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I was apprehensive of OneNote at first (still am a little). But then I started using it. I don't like it as an everyday "To Do" list. I prefer TinyDo for that. I actually switch between Clear List and Due because all of them look so neat and I can't decide on just one. But I digress...

The only time I've used OneNote as a ToDo list is when it's part of something bigger. For example. I'm getting things around to take my Professional Engineers license. I have letters to send, forms to fill out, transcripts to get, etc. But I've also saved some web links, articles, and calculator ideas. I didn't want to go into TinyDo and make a separate list - so that's why I have it in OneNote. The reason I don't like the list feature is because the check boxes are rather small and if you don't hit it just right (especially if you don't have tiny fingers) then you end up editing the list instead of checking that item off.

For other things, it's been great. I just did an airbrushing job and I used it to save some images, make some notes on ideas; and on my laptop, I even was able to sketch things. Same with ideas for my garage. So for what I call "more in-depth" things, I like OneNote. However, for a simple ToDo list, not so much.

I do agree it needs some changes. Like, why in the world do they not allow you to save directly from Internet Explorer!?!? And if you can make sketches on Windows 8, why can't you make sketches in OneNote on Windows Phone 8?

But I would say keep using it. It's actually growing on me. And if I ever decide to leave WP8, at least I can still get the app for Android or iOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon