Can't connect to chat WP8

Pedro Cavaleiro

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've tryed everything
Removed facebook account removed Microsoft app from facebook and facebook link from Outlook.com and Windows Phone 8
Uninstalled Facebook and Skype
Rebooted the phone a lot switched from WiFi to 3G/4G
Disabled Battery Saving.
Nothing worked
Even with facebook disconnected I got the error
"Can't connect to chat" any ideas?

Pedro Cavaleiro

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
It's not only Facebook. When I've unlinked facebook I got the same error even after phone reboot
"Can't connect to chat"
And right now when I disable facebook chat it still gives me the error "Can't connect to chat"
This is a very annoying bug
Hope this get's fixed in GDR3

Ebin Manuel

May 30, 2013
Visit site
same problem here, after amber update cant get connected to chat. I've tried everything from restarting to creating account again and again. Still no use !!!!!!!! I contacted Microsoft live chat regarding the issue and they replied that they are working on this issue. Even they cant find a solution, too bad!!

Wurstsalat

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
So far all posted solution doesnt work for me...but now i was able to fix it on this way:
- go to https://account.live.com and login
- select "add or change alias"
- if you have no alias, create one...don`t use an @live.com address!
- make one of your aliases which is not @live.com to the primary one
- try to connect to Chat
- it should work

Hope this will help someone else...i think the main problem ist @live.com addresses, do not ask me why. If i revert to @live.com address, it breaks the IM.

confirmed working
@Outlook.de

Maybe it depends on your account location settings and your top Level Domain of your account... (for example, i am from Germany, *.com doesnt work, *.de works...but cant test all because i cant change primary alias this often )

Alex Griciuc

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Finally worked for me.
After trying the battery saver settings and other solutions .. nothing worked.

At leas for me, the problem was that my primary alias set up at https://account.live.com/ wasn't the same as the Microsoft account I had set up on my WP device.
from accounts.live.com I've made my primary alias the same as the one I had set up on my WP phone. When I went back to Messaging everything was working fine.
I think there is a problem between the way the microsoft api authenticates with the fb one. Microsoft must be sending the credentials of the MS account set up on the wp8 phone .. but the two apis are linked using the primary alias set up on accounts.live.com.

drgeri

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 720,Amber update and never had any problems...last couple of days yes,my alias is the same as my Microsoft account on the phone,so I can't change that...with battery saver trick is fixes for a while,but after it can't connect again...what to do??

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

Levi Normandeau

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
The German is right!

I switched my alias to one ending in .ca (I live in Canada) and set up that alias on facebook as my primary and I didn't even have to restart my phone.

Rohadani

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here, but this solved the issue. I've changed the main alias, suddenly the FB chat stopped working. After reading this thread, I switched back to the first alias, and Bing! FB chat works again!
Thank you for the pertinent solution!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3