Facebook security error on wp8

dangerous_dave

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
So whenever I recently try and sign in to a app through Facebook such as "draw something" or "songza" I enter my password and my texted Facebook security code and I get a white page with nothing but this:
Success
SECURITY WARNING: Please treat the URL above as you would your password and do not share it with anyone.

There is no way to click anything to go forward and going back just asks for my password again. Thoughts?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I saw this repeatedly last night on my 920 whenever I tried to login to Facebook when playing Tetris Blitz. It was really annoying. I ended up uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, thinking that would solve the problem, but it didn't. What's up with that???

tmac9127

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issues on my Nokia Lumia 1020. I read that Facebook may have changed API settings or something and the apps haven't updated it yet. My Songza is acting weird and my Sleeve Music app. I am sure it will be others that attempt to link onto Facebook at this point. The other apps are still performing correctly that have been synced with Facebook prior to this.

dangerous_dave

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your Facebook privacy settings adjusted to high? E.g. Secure browsing and access codes etc... I would imagine if this was effecting the 99% of Facebook linked app users who have never even adjusted their privacy settings there would be more uproar.

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
would this be the same reason my live tiles of individual contacts are showing old profile pictures? within the fb app i see current profile pictures, but my live tiles don't match.

i would appreciate any help on this matter. thanks!

dangerous_dave

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ruzzle just let me sign in but everything else is still broken. Which makes me wonder if Facebook changed settings and each individual app has to update its code....

gfiz

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
just started getting the exact same issue with WWF, and Golfshot GPS. I even went so far as to factory reset my phone...did not help at all.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yup, same thing with me. Songza and Words with friends give me that same error.

Stupid facebook. Looks like it's broken any app that lets you log in via FB. Maybe WPcentral should blog out a PSA to warn the dev community about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers