IMAP/POP setup help please

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a roll! I've moved my girlfriend over to a L920 from her android and then she moved her mother over yesterday to a L520. Hopefully she gets her best friend to change too! Hard to turn down the $100 phone on a $60 prepaid when you're coming from a android that barely runs anymore on a $90 contract.

Anyway the question at hand. So I was attempting to setup a @myfairpoint.net email address on the 520. I went to other account and put in the imap info from the fairpoint.net website that they suggested for Windows 8....the phone didn't like the certifacte, but I continued anyway. Then it wouldn't sync because it claims account info is wrong. So I tried the POP3 setting the fairpoint.net website suggested for Outlook 2010 but I received the same problems.

Any suggestions? Here is the link to the internet email setup instructions.(but you can't set up ports from your phone can you?)

Email Setup Instructions

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can't give you specific advise on Fairpoint, but my email provider has similar settings. Have you tried different combinations for the 4 checkboxes at the end of the settings dialogue? I have all of them checked.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't give you specific advise on Fairpoint, but my email provider has similar settings. Have you tried different combinations for the 4 checkboxes at the end of the settings dialogue? I have all of them checked.

Well the instructions say to not check the SSL. I wonder if I contact them directly if they would have any thoughts on it. I suppose I could just set it up as a send and receive account in outlook...but you dont get the option on your phone to send as @myfairpoint.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05