Gmail sync "Anytime" battery drain

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I had to reset my phone today and was syncing my GMail account.
It appeared that it only included emails from 2 weeks ago so I changed the sync settings to "Anytime". And then it started to fetch ALL of my emails I think and there's like more than 20000 of them-.-.. Also I think because of it my battery started to drain crazily like 20 % in a few minutes, and now it's on charger for like 2 hours and still at 15-20%. Is there a way to stop it from syncing or I just have to wait it out?

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you are stuck in a sync loop bug, have you tried restarting your phone and make sure the current time is synchronized well?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you are stuck in a sync loop bug, have you tried restarting your phone and make sure the current time is synchronized well?
Seems like everything is okay now. Yeah I tried restarting and soft resetting a few times, and during the process my phone froze in a way that I've never experienced yet... All the physical button stopped working and my phone goes to flight mode after rebooting, and also the time goes out of sync for few seconds then back to normal again. I just left my phone on the wireless charger and this morning it was fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium